Douglas Prom Closed -

Educa

EMERGENCY services are dealing with a serious road accident on Douglas seafront.

The accident is on the promenade in the Terminus Tavern area.

The road is closed from the junction of Summerhill to the junction of Port Jack.

A police spokesman said the road was likely to be closed until at least 6pm.

No further details are currently available.

I was down there yesterday about 30 minutes before the accident happened. I wonder if the weather played a part in the accident, as the waves were coming high over the sea wall there and reaching right into the road. When I was there I watched at least two cars swerve to avoid the water

I was down there yesterday about 30 minutes before the accident happened. I wonder if the weather played a part in the accident, as the waves were coming high over the sea wall there and reaching right into the road. When I was there I watched at least two cars swerve to avoid the water

Apparently he ran from a wave into the path of the crane, and they were over here to get away from the death of another child killed in a car accident two months ago to the day! :(

I've heard the same thing ... I hope its just the rumour mill ... to loose one child must be an anguish I can't imagine, but to loose two in such a short period must be totally destroying.

The parents have my sympathy and I hope they are able to find some peace. It must be a time of absolute turmoil for them.

Archived