The Verdict

Billy One Mate

In the Judgement MM has quite a knock at the prosecution: saying they presented their evidence packs very badly and at one point seeming to point out where a "competent prosecuter" would/should have taken the case ... implying the actual prosecution didn't do this and wasn't competent ... OUCH.

and yet advocate for the defendant received hardly a bad word when there should have been a huge dressing down for the way the cross examination of some of the builders was carried out. The saga regarding one of the worker's telephone number for example. There were other similar examples that simply beggared belief.

I suppose such tricks are considered 'good advocacy' by the judges on the Isle of Man. :(

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh what fun we had!!

To make the experience even more memorable Chief Minister Richard Corkill and Deputy High Bailiff Michael Moyle joined in the fun event to play the part of the 'judges' committing the 'prisoners' to the Douglas Bay tower.

IoM Today April 2002

exactly - and the cocktail parties, and receptions it goes on and on - MM unbiased I think not, you've only got to think back to the time a prominent local estate agent appeared before MM on a driving offence - left the scene, allegedly after drinking - and guess what he got off! Seems they were drinking buddies from the Woodie - allegedly. Friends in high places that what we all need!

Oh what fun we had!!

To make the experience even more memorable Chief Minister Richard Corkill and Deputy High Bailiff Michael Moyle joined in the fun event to play the part of the 'judges' committing the 'prisoners' to the Douglas Bay tower.

IoM Today April 2002

exactly - and the cocktail parties, and receptions it goes on and on - MM unbiased I think not, you've only got to think back to the time a prominent local estate agent appeared before MM on a driving offence - and got off. Friends in high places that's what we all need! the whole thing stinks!

He won't be implicated, when we all know that he must have been aware what was happening and was happy for her to deal with things.

Though always bear in mind - as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.

Oh what fun we had!!

IoM Today April 2002

exactly - and the cocktail parties, and receptions it goes on and on - MM unbiased I think not, you've only got to think back to the time a prominent local estate agent appeared before MM on a driving offence - and got off. Friends in high places that's what we all need! the whole thing stinks!

Thanks you very much, that link has just proved that the High Bailiff and the defendants had a interest, I wonder what the prosicution think of this.

This isn't China Charlie! Have a skeet!

That Michael Moyle's a card isn't he - "I have to remind myself that the Department is not on trial. Indeed if it were on trial for incompetance, this judgement would have been considerably shorter and the verdict would be obvious to everyone."

I wonder whether the voters of South Douglas will keep that in mind come election day?

Many thanks to %age and yes I will have a skeet.

http://www.myholdingarea.com/images/judgme...5%20of%2018.jpg

From the evidence given By Mr Geoff Le Page CE of the DTL before high Bailiff Michael Moyle.

In making the calculations for the grant assistance in respect of phase two of the project, a quotation from GC C amounting to £15460-00 for the decorating of this phase was cafefully looked at and approved by an independan Quantity Surveyor employed by the department, this was approved by the DTL and a grant of 45% was given in respect of this claim..

Please take a look at 66 in the link provided.

Oh what fun we had!!

IoM Today April 2002

Thanks you very much, that link has just proved that the High Bailiff and the defendants had a interest, I wonder what the prosicution think of this.

:lol::lol::lol:

Behave yourself!! You could conjure up a conspiracy theory from a W.I. meeting.

Sounds familiar.........

Taiwan first lady on graft charge

Wu Shu-chen, Taiwan's first lady

Wu Shu-chen has denied any wrongdoing

The wife of Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian has been charged with corruption over misuse of state funds.

Prosecutors said they believed President Chen himself was involved, but that he was protected from prosecution by presidential immunity.

First lady Wu Shu-chen and three former presidential aides are accused of falsely claiming nearly $500,000 of funds intended for national affairs.

She has previously denied any wrongdoing.

Prosecutors say the charges relate to the handling of a secret presidential fund used for diplomatic work overseas.

They found that "Wu and three other suspects jointly claimed 14.8m Taiwan dollars (US$448,484) with false receipts from the national affairs funds between July 2002 and March 2006," Chang Wen-cheng, of the Public Prosecutor's Office of the Taiwan High Court, said.

Mr Chang said Wu Shu-chen was facing charges of embezzlement, the forgery of documents and perjury.

The three former presidential aides also being indicted on corruption and perjury charges were named as Ma Yung-cheng, Lin Teh-shun and the president's accountant Chen Chen-hui.

Mr Chang said the prosecutor had determined that President Chen himself was "involved with the crimes of corruption and faking of documents".

But he said "we must wait until the president is recalled or finishes his term before we can pursue further investigation".

Undermined

President Chen has been seriously undermined by a series of scandals to hit the presidential office in recent months.

Last month, Wu Shu-chen was cleared of accepting vouchers from a department store in return for her influence.

In May, her son-in-law, Chao Chien-ming, was arrested and later charged with insider trading.

Mr Chen, whose term of office is due to run until 2008, has apologised for the scandals involving his family and officials but has refused to resign.

He survived two parliamentary attempts by the opposition Kuomintang to remove him from office.

Oh what fun we had!!

IoM Today April 2002

:lol::lol::lol:

Behave yourself!! You could conjure up a conspiracy theory from a W.I. meeting.

Who said anything about a conspiracy theory.

The point was meant as a touch of a laught, an irony (the word you forum folk just luurvvv). A judge traipsing to the tower hand in hand with with the Numero Uno to lock people (a person?) up. Oh what a laugh we had.

You see, right, . . . . . it was requested very early on that the case be heard by an off-island judge, but those requesting this were made out to be - oh so ridiculous. As if . . . as if, our pal Moyles'ee could ever be other than impartial. The mere suggestion!!!!!!!!

Mickey-mickey-M insisted he is soooo impartial and that he could well take took on the reigns of this case.

So you folk of the 'Happy Holidays Isle of Man' have now been shafted yet again big, big, time by the big, big, boys. Yet again.

When is you ever going to learn?

When is you ever going to learn about democracy?

Ah well, I'll be saying 'Hiya' to yous all as I drive past in me latest Merc/BMW etc. As the kiddie winkies traipse off to King Bills, and we prepare for Andora. The Trust Fund where all the big bucks is going is fine thank you!

You lot are this:

spineless

pathetic

Oh and by the way, whilst I am 'on one' . . . . . . . .

The court services (adminstration or otherwise) are probably the most inept I have ever, EVER, come across in my life.

Mikey, take a wee look at some of your ilk and your own administration before you start sticking your own 'getting too big for your boot' into the Tourist Department individuals.

Archived