The Verdict

Billy One Mate

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So at long last it has been established in a court of law that the builders have not been paid and this I assume is the prosecutions case for asking for the grant to be paid back but according to Mr Moyle this court case has seriously financially affected the Corkills. How then are the builders going to have a chance of getting their money which by my calculations must be in excess of £110,000 going on the grant value???

Mr Moyle is showing a lot of sympathy towards Mrs Corkill but what about the builder who has suffered a heart attack and from my understanding had to mortgage himself to the hilt to fight his case.

A memory jogger

I can not understand why Moyles is dragging this out.

Doubtless there are legitimate reasons. However, given his criticism of the DTL and particularly his reference to "being out of the office", it does make one wonder :rolleyes:

It is to be hoped everyone involved in this case is able to get their lives together again. That includes the builders and the Corkhills.

They have all been subject to an ordeal totally disproportionate to the magnitude of the offences and unfortunately it isnt over yet. Both parties still have to get through a highly stressful ordeal in the Civil Courts .. no doubt the stress will be magnified by publicity.

Can anyone possibly emerge a winner?

I pointed out to Mr Corkill two years ago that being in Manx politics especially as CM can be very expensive and to watch his back.

Well I didn't expect this at the time.

I agree with LoneWolf but court proceedings always seem to involve a high degree of stress for a very long time.

Archived