The Verdict

Billy One Mate

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They might get a shock if they try to sell it

What the heck does that mean?

I assume that the Skeat is suggesting that there may be some charges already lodged on the property ie mortgages etc which may have to be satisfied before the property can be sold.

Oh no IOM in "mortgage on houses" scandal...so that equates it to about 90% of the properties in existence then...what a groundbreaking post!

Im very dissapointed to hear Mernard Moffits comments on Manx Radio today, for him to make remarks about the respectability of the forums is not on. This forum has some of the best moderators of any forums site, they have never allowed any member to make threats in regard to the Corkills or any other person. Some members may make what seem to be threat against other members but as we all know its only a bit of Banter between members and no harm is intended from it.

I would agree with one of the remarks made by Mr Moffit, that is if the Corkill family has been threatened then they should name the persons doing so to stop any speculation to this alegation. My own personel opinion is that Mr Corkill has made the statment in an effort to gain some sympathy out of the situation he got himself into.

Quoting Bernard Moffatt on Manx Radio this morning.

"Women should not have to go to Prison, as some internet forums would suggest."

Women should not have to go to prison? Really? You maybe reading this Bernard - please explain.....

Yes, I was a bit surprised about his remarks - sexual discrimination??? How about the female benefit cheats that have been imprisoned?

Was also a bit puzzled by his call for the police to investigate the threats against Corkill. Does anyone know if there were threats other than the ill judged comment on a forum? Is he perhaps suggesting that Corkill is trying to gain sympathy from that incident, or perhaps calling his bluff to see if there were any substance to the claim of threats against the family?

What about the comment about My Moyle's "Happy Hour"?

Happy hour usually suggest to me you get two for the price of one. Some reference to two grants for the price of one? I doubt it, but it does seem an odd phrase to use

I assume that the Skeat is suggesting that there may be some charges already lodged on the property ie mortgages etc which may have to be satisfied before the property can be sold.

Oh no IOM in "mortgage on houses" scandal...so that equates it to about 90% of the properties in existence then...what a groundbreaking post!

I've had a charge on debtors property before, but in those cases I had an execution against them. Is it possible to get a charge on a property in an ongoing case, before the outcome is known?

Anyone want to buy a guesthouse? In need of fast sale....

Does it need work?

If it does... do you happen to know any reliable builders? :rolleyes:

Used too but they all seem to be Taxi drivers now, thats where the money is I hear, cash in hand too B)

I took it to mean...

Conditions

8. (1) The amount of financial assistance shall, subject to sub-paragraph (3) immediately become repayable in full if the premises are -

a) sold or

b) cease to be used as a tourist premises or

c) not used for the purpose or purposes stated in the approval notice for any continuous period of 12 months, within the period of 15 years from the date of payment of the assistance.

...which appears in the Tourism Grants 2000 But appears to have vanished from the revised Tourism Grants 2004

Moffat said "I dont think women should go to prison like people on some internet forums seem to think"

That's the daftest, sexist, blanket statement I've heard in a long time.

The threats to the family thing was from manx.net, I remember Corkill went in the paper quoting from manxnet because someone had said they wanted to burn his holiday homes down. Wasn't anything to do with this forum, but it's one of the reasons this forum has more active moderators.

He's apparently now used this as a reason not to stand for re-election. Nothing to do with the fact that the robbing cu..., sorry husband of a convicted criminal will get 0 votes.

"Mr Moffatt says it's unprecedented for anyone to be forced from political life in the Island due to threats to their family"

Wheras the precident for forcing yourself from political life because your, cough, wife fiddled a stack of dosh from the government is now set in stone.

At the end of the day two almost maximum grants were awarded for one project - explanation please.

The builders were not paid for the work - explanation please.

There has also been an act of forgery.

It seems Mrs Corkill has been found innocent of that charge.

Letter to Chief Constable - how are your investigations going into finding the REAL forger behind the felony? If it wasn't Mrs Corkill then who was it? How are your investigations going? What progress have you made?

Errrr - you mean you've done nothing!!!!!!!! Why is that?????????

It's just so pathetic it's enough to make you weep.

Recently a life-long friend in the island's finest described it to me as a "banana republic". I'm beginning to understand what he meant....

It was suggested in court that the squiggles could have been done by a member of the family testing out a pen on a suitable piece of handy paper.

At the end of the day two almost maximum grants were awarded for one project - explanation please.

The builders were not paid for the work - explanation please.

There has also been an act of forgery.

It seems Mrs Corkill has been found innocent of that charge.

Letter to Chief Constable - how are your investigations going into finding the REAL forger behind the felony? If it wasn't Mrs Corkill then who was it? How are your investigations going? What progress have you made?

The grants were awarded for two phases - holiday cottages as phase one then a workshop conversion as phase two.

The act of forgery is attributed elsewhere as part of an aiding and abetting charge - the definition of forgery is pretty specific too and the prosecution was not able to prove the exact definition against JC.

The builders not being paid was what led to the criminal investigation in the first place.

Edited for the sake of grammar lol.

The threats to the family thing was from manx.net, I remember Corkill went in the paper quoting from manxnet because someone had said they wanted to burn his holiday homes down.

Didn't one of the contractors working on the job say that they were threatened that if they gave evidence they'd never get government work again?

From Manx Radio

According to the prosecution, with the legal action underway Julie Corkill, wife of the then Chief Minister Richard Corkill, rang Mr Hawthorn.

She said she couldn't believe he was suing GC Construction for £4,000.

The court heard she then said "Do you know who I am? Do you know the power I have? You'll never work for the government again"

Also, did one of the Corkill supporters threaten a witness or member of the public at the trial and receive a police caution for it?

People in glass houses, etc.

Archived