The Verdict

Billy One Mate

Im not certain the press statement was a wise move.

We all need to keep an eye on our own welfare sometimes [skeat]

Take care, you wont be a popular chap.

I never was.

As to welfare Mr Kelly could have lost his life, and the chap that spent a lot of time Decorating the Neds house died 10 mins after the trial finished aged 56 and never got his say in court , a true friend and workmate for 21 years rip Tony

Skeat,

when are you releasing the info about the property purchases from old people... now the trial is over you could always throw that gem in to the ring??

But those weren't 'illegal', were they?!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not certain the press statement was a wise move.

We all need to keep an eye on our own welfare sometimes [skeat]

Take care, you wont be a popular chap.

I never was.

As to welfare Mr Kelly could have lost his life, and the chap that spent a lot of time Decorating the Neds house died 10 mins after the trial finished aged 56 and never got his say in court , a true friend and workmate for 21 years rip Tony

Skeat,

when are you releasing the info about the property purchases from old people... now the trial is over you could always throw that gem in to the ring??

But those weren't 'illegal', were they?!

I believe the police are investigating this and that further civil action is about to start, so I feel its best not to get involved in something that does not involve me.

It seems that there really is so much more to all this than most of us first thought.

Anyway, back on thread regarding the case though, I always wondered why Mr Corkill himself didn't give any evidence or write a witness statement. Give him his due, he does speak very well in The House of Keys and in Tynwald and would have given a very clear view on the matter, I would have thought.

• 2 weeks later...

She was ordered to pay 1/3rd of the prosicution costs total £22500 because she was found not guilty on two of the six charges, she has 12 months to pay it off. The court also decided not to order the grant paid back but has left it to the Corkills and the DTL to come to some agrrement out of court.

Mr Moyle also gave bollockings to others not connected with the case and told the press/radio not to report what he said.

A lesson to be learned out of this is your identity on forums is not protected as I found out in court today.

Mr Kelly was given plenty of praise by Mr Moyle who also wished hin well in the future, he was given a conditional discharge for 12 months for providing a false estimate in order to assist in obtaining a grant of over £47k, but agreed that Mr Kelly had told Mrs Corkill that it could not used.

She was orederd to pay 1/3rd of the prosicution costs total £22500 because she was found not guilty on two of the six charges. The court also decided not to order the grant paid back but has left it to the Corkills and the DTL to come to some agrrement out of court.

Mr Moyle also gave bollockings to others not connected with the case and told the press/radio not to report what he said.

A lesson to be learned out of this is your identity on forums is not protected as I found out in court today.

Mr Kelly was given plenty of praise by Mr Moyle who also wished in well in the future, he was given a conditional discharge for 12 months.

Am I right in thinking that she has to pay her own costs in full?

She was orederd to pay 1/3rd of the prosicution costs total £22500 because she was found not guilty on two of the six charges. The court also decided not to order the grant paid back but has left it to the Corkills and the DTL to come to some agrrement out of court.

Mr Kelly was given plenty of praise by Mr Moyle who also wished in well in the future, he was given a conditional discharge for 12 months.

Am I right in thinking that she has to pay her own costs in full?

Yes and so did the other parties involved. Lets just hope this is all over now and that the civil side can be sorted out in a way that will give the New Government a chance to start off with a clean sheet.

Everyone involved in this case has been hurt in one way or another, I would like to think we have all learned a lesson, one being to put this all behind us and get on with life and that goes to Mr & Mrs Corkill too. good luck.

I think the saying is...Fly with the crows you get shot down with them. Im at a loss to see why you would wish the Corkills luck, I certainly do not, I pay tax and I would hate to think they had scammed a penny from my taxes. Actually that said, I notice you were in on it with them, so that makes you about as honest and good as they are. At least he isnt an MHK anymore so some good has come of this sordid little soiree.

Um, you're not exactly in stealth mode are you?

Slim

I have never hid my identity, ask Admin. they were given the reason for chamge.

End of story, time to change the record, sit down have a beer or too and get on with life.

If only we could turn the clocks back :rolleyes:

Archived