Flybe Aquires Ba Connect.

TomTucker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Wait till the middle of next week.

The deal was delayed cus the OFT hadnt okayed it. But now they have, so middle of next week and you will find out everything.

BA Connect acquisition update

16th February 2007

The Joint BA Flybe Steering Group met this morning in London to review progress of the sale of

BA Connect to Flybe. Both airlines expressed satisfaction that the sale was progressing well.

As a result of this review, both sides are committed to conclude the sale by 28 February.

Jim French

FlyBE Chief Exec.

Well the deal has finally been done... source

Still no news on the position regarding local jobs.

No news yet on flight schedules, but they have announced a new route and the following "lead in" fares:

Manchester – Isle of Man

• Flights will operate from 25th March

• Fares from £36.99 one way including taxes and charges

London Gatwick – Isle of Man

• Fares from £44.99 one way including taxes and charges

Southampton – Isle of Man

• Fares from £36.99 one way including taxes and charges

They will also retain the IOM-Birmingham route.

Flights from IOM to LGW will operate to the South Terminal from 25th March. This will mean a terminal change for connecting onto BA flights.

On other news, Jersey regains its link with Heathrow, with cash support from the Jersey authorities Link

I am suprised this has only become big news today.

The dropping of these routes was announced by Flybe/BA a week ago - and by industry standards the compensation/refund offered is quite good.

The routes were all loss making and had not been scheudled to run in the summer, so the flights cancelled are those between now and 25th March.

Some interesting details of the deal have emerged - for example, BA/BE will operate a code share on the former connect routes at least until 2008. In other words, we should be able to book flights using a BA code - and use the lounges, earn miles/tier-points and so on - see below:

What happens now?

BA Connect will continue to operate as normal, although owned by Flybe, until 24 March 2007.

From 25 March 2007, services from regional UK airports will operate a Flybe service.

There will be a code share in operation with British Airways on these services.

What do you mean by ‘code share’?

Codeshare routes with partner airlines have two flight numbers, a BA prefix and the partner’s prefix i.e. BE. Whenever passengers book on line or via any other booking method in either airline’s booking system the codeshare flights will be displayed.

What is the transition period?

This will be the period of changeover between the two companies. It is proposed that the transition will be completed by 24 March 2007.

Which BA Connect flights do these changes relate to?

All flights within the ranges BA1600 to BA1999, BA4000 to BA4249, BA4320 to BA4449 and BA7600 to BA7949 will now be owned by Flybe. For a list of applicable destinations, click here.

BA Connect operated services to and from London City Airport (BA8700 to BA8769), will now be operated by BA CityFlyer, a new wholly owned subsidiary of British Airways. If you hold a relevant booking you will be informed of the name change via email.

Flights between Manchester and New York (BA1502/1503) and flights operated by British Airways from UK regional airports to London Heathrow and London Gatwick are not impacted by this deal.

Which flights will operate as a code share with Flybe?

All flights within the ranges BA1600 to BA1999, BA4000 to BA4249, BA4320 to BA4449 and BA7600 to BA7949 will operate from 25 March 2007 as a code share with Flybe. All flights will be operated by Flybe from 25 March 2007.

How long will the code share be in operation?

The code share agreement between British Airways and Flybe will be in place for booking from today, for travel from 25 March 2007. The code share is open for selling until the end of March 2008 for travel until October 2008.

Can anybody help me please, read the thread but cannot determine if this means flights that I already have booked to Glasgow in April will be affected, I've tried ringing BA but inevitably I have to talk to a machine which doesn't provide any answers :angry:

The flights are with BA Connect, but it says they are operated by a subsiduary I assume this is Loganair but I'm not sure

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance

Can anybody help me please, read the thread but cannot determine if this means flights that I already have booked to Glasgow in April will be affected, I've tried ringing BA but inevitably I have to talk to a machine which doesn't provide any answers :angry:

The flights are with BA Connect, but it says they are operated by a subsiduary I assume this is Loganair but I'm not sure

Flights to Glasgow and Edinburgh will still be operated as BA flights by Logan Air and are unaffected by the Flybe deal.

Flights to Glasgow and Edinburgh will still be operated as BA flights by Logan Air and are unaffected by the Flybe deal.

Many thanks Ste, much appreciated

Archived