Brassed Off

steven !

OK not News as such, but certainly worthy of a mention.

The Legion Players along with Manx Concert Brass performed an excellent stage version of the Film Brassed Of f

I can watch the film over and over, and in parts this stage play kept rigidly to the film script, but in other parts it went its own way. There was a very clever method of portraying concurrent events.

I just wondered if anyone else on the forum saw it, although I know there was at least one forum member in the cast and certainly one or two in the band. I particularly enjoyed watching the band and actors marching and starting off as a disciplined ensemble but morphing into a drunken rabble. It looked like everyone was having fun and it was a very effective piece of stage play.

There is a lot of talent on the Island and well done everyone who was involved - your hard work paid off. Very impressive.

OK not News as such, but certainly worthy of a mention.

The Legion Players along with Manx Concert Brass performed an excellent stage version of the Film Brass Of f

I can watch the film over and over, and in parts this stage play kept rigidly to the film script, but in other parts it went its own way. There was a very clever method of portraying concurrent events.

I just wondered if anyone else on the forum saw it, although I know there was at least one forum member in the cast and certainly one or two in the band. I particularly enjoyed watching the band and actors marching and starting off as a disciplined ensemble but morphing into a drunken rabble. It looked like everyone was having fun and it was a very effective piece of stage play.

There is a lot of talent on the Island and well done everyone who was involved - your hard work paid off. Very impressive.

The Script which was actually used was the Play by Paul Allen, which was adapted from Mark Herman's Screenplay - hence why some things were "kept rigidly to the film script", while "in other parts it went its own way" - the Play was 100% faithful to Paul Allen's script.

Interested which MF members were in it, I heard one person mention MF, but didn't ask who they were.

Archived