Roadside Car Checks

Minxie

Seasonal Police Campaign

From Monday 6th November the Police will be performing a series of random roadside tests to clamp down on dangerous vehicles.

Monday - Douglas Grandstand

Tuesday - Ramsey

Wednesday - Peel

Thursday - Ballasalla

Friday - Braddan Bridge

The main objective of the seasonal campaign is to make sure vehicle lights are working properly and drivers are carrying appropriate insurance.

If any vehicles are found to be hazardous, drivers could face prosecution.

About time, but why on earth publicise where they will be????? :rolleyes:

mainly as a detterent.

the guys at the garage i was in getting tyres at the weekend said they have gone really busy this last week so it must be having the desired effect

About time, but why on earth publicise where they will be????? :rolleyes:

mainly as a detterent.

the guys at the garage i was in getting tyres at the weekend said they have gone really busy this last week so it must be having the desired effect

Next will come the "road blocks" looking for Al Qaeda!

Nope! there is no legal requirement to carry any driving documents with you here.

However, you may soon be required to carry,

Your National Insurance card, Heath Card, Bio Passport, Driving documents, Birth Cert., National ID card, Vaccination Card, Donor Card, work permit (if required), all your bank cards, last 3 monts bank statements, last 3 utililty bills, cheque book and cards, three generations of your family, a blood sample, a urine sample, a sperm/egg sample, a DNA sample, your Libary card, and your store, video, and loyalty cards.

This is to prove that you are infact human, alive and are entitled to breath.

i dont carry my insurance certificate or driving licence in the car in case i lose them. Are you supposed to?

You'll be given seven days to produce them at the cop shop.

There is a shop? where you can buy policemen ? (and women - handcuffs included?) what will they think of next , the world's gone crazy

i dont carry my insurance certificate or driving licence in the car in case i lose them. Are you supposed to?

You'll be given seven days to produce them at the cop shop.

There is a shop? where you can buy policemen ? (and women - handcuffs included?) what will they think of next , the world's gone crazy

Ooooh! I wish.

From Monday 6th November the Police will be performing a series of random roadside tests to clamp down on dangerous vehicles.

Manx Radio have been saying from Nov 13th all day on the news. Advising - 'if you are worried about any problems with your vehicle, you still have a few days grace to get it sorted'

?

Manx Radio have been saying from Nov 13th all day on the news. Advising - 'if you are worried about any problems with your vehicle, you still have a few days grace to get it sorted'

Maybe it is the 13th then, I just had the date of this week as that's what I was told but my information could be wrong, or maybe that's just their cunning ploy to confuse everybody ;)

Archived