Election Posters

Pat Ayres

I have noticed posters going up all over this week. I have also noticed a lot are posted illegally.

If I were to take them down I could not be busted as they are illegal in the first place.

Should I do it?

The illegal sites are such as railings; lampposts; council notice boards; hedges; walls. These are 'commonly owned property under the control of a local authority' and should not be posted.

The lawbreakers in Ramsey are;

Allan Bell

Anne Craine

Leonard Singer.

Also, is LS allowed to use a symbol on his poster without registering it with the authorities?

What, and who, are the illegal posters in your town?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have noticed posters going up all over this week. I have also noticed a lot are posted illegally.

If I were to take them down I could not be busted as they are illegal in the first place.

Should I do it?

The illegal sites are such as railings; lampposts; council notice boards; hedges; walls. These are 'commonly owned property under the control of a local authority' and should not be posted.

The lawbreakers in Ramsey are;

Allan Bell

Anne Craine

Leonard Singer.

Also, is LS allowed to use a symbol on his poster without registering it with the authorities?

What, and who, are the illegal posters in your town?

Quick, arrest them all immediately! What is Singer's symbol?

I love, (i.e. hate), the Anne Craine ones in Ramsey, (which I am getting heartily fucking sick of the sight of) -

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - VOTE ANNE CRAINE!

I'm not sure I like the implication, y'know, that even simple-minded fuckers like the common electorate (of which I am part) can work out that Anne Craine is the person to vote for.

Or maybe it's trying to say that voting for Anne Craine being the right thing to do is a fundamental truth that everyone realises, hence it not being rocket science - but that's just really fucking arrogant.

Either way, I don't like it, so I'm going to vote for Bell and Singer - although they wouldn't be my first choices if we had some alternative candidates standing.

"Tough on commonsense and the causes of commonsense" might be a better slogan

I'm sure there are some 'illegal' ones in south - it's absolute poster overkill around here...

Aye, I've noticed that.

Of the three constituencies I go through on the way to work -

Rushen - I've seen one. A tiny one from Quintin Gill, so small he's been reduced to just including his initials.

Malew - Only had a couple of descreet one's from the Cap'n. But over the weekend some woman has gone mad her name is everywhere, including home made ones.

South Douglas - Has been madness for a while now. Particularly, like the three terrace houses in a row between the Quay and Kewaigue (Fort Anne?) showing posters for three different candidates (Mr Cretney, Mr Butch, and Mr Real-Changeim). One suspects war is about to break out down there, perhaps thats why Kermode is wearing some sort of quasi-military regalia in his posters.

Also seen a few car stickers from the alliteratedly named Mr Henderson-Haughton.

One suspects war is about to break out down there, perhaps thats why Kermode is wearing some sort of quasi-military regalia in his posters.

You obviously haven't been to Pulrose, Anagh Coar or Farmhill yet - posters on every corner and in between. If there should be a war, it's gonna be up there, not down here.. Haven't even put any out on the streets yet - am waiting until people get bored of pulling or kicking them down...

Archived