Election Posters

Pat Ayres

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see all the candidates are using their loaves.

Newest thing is posters from people, that have so far stuck to the rules, being placed next to the 'naughty ones. Let's see the 'naughties' complain about that.

Also, I am heartedly sick of seeing Allan Bell posters on every flat surface in Ramsey.

Anne Craine, can't you tell her Brother in Law owns Crystals, every empty shop and property has a poster in. A truly run-down candidate.

I have already voted and the biggest criteria was the proportion of posters, the ones with the most getting least support.

I see the daubing has started already, a very good wig onto a guy? at Governers Hill exit, a comely wench if ever I saw one.

As for getting a hobby, I have one, winding up twats like you.

:lol:

She does a lot for Ramsey.... but tbh if I wanted someone to organise street parties and events in Ramsey I'd vote her into the commissioners not our Island parliament

What is the point of the posters anyway.

None of the say anything other than "Vote Bloggs". I suppose in "poster central" South Douglas it might give the impression, that say Butch or Amadeus, has a lot of support and the anti-Cretney and Kermode people might switch to them.

The baby accountant has put a load of posters up recently in Rushen. Is he hoping people will think he is in with a chance of beating one of Gill/Gawne/Rimmington and will vote for him to unseat one of them, even though they prefer one of Crellin/Tinkler/"call me Tony". Makes no sense, rather like his manifesto.

I pay mild attention to the posters in actual peoples houses or cars - that is obviously a sign of support but I do agree that posters have little effect when it comes to your main vote.... but then I'm looking from an informed point of view where I have actually paid a bit of attention to the matter - not everyone is like that

(Sorry didn't know where to post this)

We had a letter hand delivered detailing a certain Onchan candidate's manifesto etc, with something like 'Sorry you were unavailable when I called, I will try at a later date before the election' etc etc. But it was just posted through the letter box without pressing the doorbell or knocking on the door and they then left. My mum was home at the time and heard it drop on the porch floor, and went to see if she could catch the candidate outside as she had missed him. But when she opened the door, it wasn't even the candidate himself!

Why post a letter with that message, when they hadn't even knocked on the door, and the candidate himself wasn't even delivering them? He only lives up the road too.

We've had various other Onchan candidates personally come to our house and talk to us, and had some others personally attempt to do the same (I know this as I didn't answer the door because I was ill, and saw them walking off :unsure: )

Oh I don't know, just doesn't really give us the best view of them!

Nice to see all the candidates are using their loaves.

Newest thing is posters from people, that have so far stuck to the rules, being placed next to the 'naughty ones. Let's see the 'naughties' complain about that.

Also, I am heartedly sick of seeing Allan Bell posters on every flat surface in Ramsey.

Anne Craine, can't you tell her Brother in Law owns Crystals, every empty shop and property has a poster in. A truly run-down candidate.

I have already voted and the biggest criteria was the proportion of posters, the ones with the most getting least support.

Get your information right before you go shouting your mouth off. It is her BROTHER, Keith Kerruish who owns Crystals,

Archived