Tesco Interested In Buying Steam Packet?

Paul H

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF there is any truth at all in this, could it be the company that ships all of Tescos goods around Britain, ie WA Developments, owners of Eddie Stobart. They are based in Carlisle and own the airport there, along with the football club etc. Would seem a possibility. ;)

This time, two years ago, I was the driver that collected the trailers for Tesco from the docks twice a day.

They never had any problems getting space on the boat, sometimes they had 10 trailers per crossing.

The steam packet has recently put prices up and one of their dodges is that 'doublebanked' trailers had to pay per trailer, ie; trailer with one on top = two trailers. This will only increase prices on the island and do no favours for the ordinary people. Consider this, Tesco, 10 trailers across, 10 trailers returned, double bubble for the steamy! A deal which guarantees an amount of trailers per day could lead to shortages in the shop, unless they block book and sell the excess when there is one? Also, when space is limited what happens to all the regular freight, that is everything else that the island needs?

Christ SP are thieving fuckers, charging twice for a trailer, What happens if you box up the trailer on top of the other, does it then become the trailer's load and not another trailer?

I have never heard of anything so fucking daft in my life.....Office of fair trading anyone?

Clearly the private equity house that bought the Steam packet thought they could squeeze more money out of it than the last lot. The obvious way of doing this (in a monopoly situation) is by putting the squeeze on your customers. I think this monopoly situation needs to end.

Christ SP are thieving fuckers, charging twice for a trailer, What happens if you box up the trailer on top of the other, does it then become the trailer's load and not another trailer?

Because you bring an artic in full from the UK does not give you the right to have it sent back for free.

But what is daft is to charge a company twice for piggy backing trailers away

I have never heard of anything so fucking daft in my life.....Office of fair trading anyone?

Shareholders

Archived