Brenda Cannell, Candidate For Douglas East

Charles Flynn

Attached as an Adobe document is Brenda's manifesto.

The publisher is:

Mrs Brenda Cannell, 9 Victoria Terrace,Douglas. IM2 4EU

The printer:

Mannin Printing,

Tromode, South Douglas.

BJC_Manif.06_NEW.pdf

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there are no MHK's but it was a way to identify her from a marketing point of view. Hope it doesn't involve more work for lawyers! I am solely responsible for the title.

I am only too well aware this is the Isle of Man and some like nitpicking. I have had more than my fair share myself which cost me thousands of pounds.

I am aware there are no MHK's but it was a way to identify her from a marketing point of view. Hope it doesn't involve more work for lawyers!

I am only too well aware this is the Isle of Man and some like nitpicking. I have had more than my fair share myself which cost me thousands of pounds.

Don't worry about it Charles - while most of us read the contents (and probably find them both constructive and instructive) - you have to expect that a lawyer would go straight for the fine print!

Well, the best time to nitpick is when you have nits, and I certainly found myself scratching my head reading this manifesto.

'Great!' I thought - 'give the newbie a chance she has some good ideas' - then 'hang on a minute', I thought 'she's already been there for how many years?'

Yet again, the phrase 'style over substance over action' springs to mind. I don't even want to think how bad this next 5 years are going to get. I haven't seen one good 'non-spin' manifesto.

(sorry Brenda - if you ever read this - you got my rant - but it applies to most all candidates). We are all doomed I tells ya! Good job we've all got memories like Goldfish ain't it, or we'd get really hacked off with it all.

I appreciate it is important to ensure the legalities are kept.

The manifesto has not been printed or distributed as hard copy as yet but when it is, it will contain name of publisher and printer as required by law. Sometime next week I am informed.

Thanks for posting that Charles. As I'm in Onchan I doubt if i would have got to see it otherwise.

I llike how Brenda Cannell stands up for herself and it'll be interesting to see what she gets up to next if re-elected.

thieawin, shush now your being silly.

Archived