Brenda Cannell, Candidate For Douglas East

Charles Flynn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been actively encouraging people in the constituency to vote for the other candidates, particularly people who don't usually bother to vote.

Instead off letting them make their own mind up ?

I'll carry on what I'm doing.

That'll be nothing constructive then.

A very forward thinking approuch to the next bunch of MHK's by not Voting at all or giving an alternative. Good job we all don't think like you then.

These young fellas need a wee lesson in the way of the World, and the forum

Patronising? I don't need any lesson to post my opinion thanks :)

Granted you seem to have mastered the art of posting your opinion reasonably well.

However, I am more concerned with the cognitive processes which have led to that opinion in the first place.

Maybe a few lessons would help.

Interesting question

Is placing here and allowing access and downloads publishing?

You've started trolling !

Sorry, unintentional, and mainly a rhetorical question. which no one took up.

Charles may have it down as nitpicking but when the law stipulatse only two things a manifesto must have when published, and the copy posted has neither, it prompted my original post; when told the hard copy would be corrected it then prompted the second

Instead off letting them make their own mind up ?

Why don't these pesky politicians just let people make their own minds up instead of bombarding them with poster campaigns, newspaper adverts, doorstep calls and mail drops. Not to mention getting fanboys to post threads on internet forums.

That'll be nothing constructive then.

Oh I dunno. It might have an effect yet :)

But anyway, I must apologise to you all for being opposed to one of your pet candidates. It simply wont do for anyone to express a preference to see someone different in office. That would be, democracy, or something. Good job they dont let people uses votes like that, could be dangerous.

Interesting question

Is placing here and allowing access and downloads publishing?

You've started trolling !

Sorry, unintentional, and mainly a rhetorical question. which no one took up.

Charles may have it down as nitpicking but when the law stipulatse only two things a manifesto must have when published, and the copy posted has neither, it prompted my original post; when told the hard copy would be corrected it then prompted the second

Agree with thieawin here - it might look like nitpicking or trolling, but not having that information on any publication related to your election campaign can potentially get you disqualified - the wording in the act is:

Illegal practices

Election publications

37. (1) A person shall not-

a print or publish, or cause to be printed or published, any bill, placard

or poster having reference to an election, or any printed document

distributed for the purpose of promoting or procuring the election of a

candidate; or

b post or cause to be posted any such bill, placard or poster; or

c distribute or cause to be distributed any printed document for the said

purpose,

unless the bill, placard, poster or document bears upon its face the name and address of

the printer and publisher.

As to publishing: I guess it is - should it have the line "printed from ManxForums.com" at the bottom, as that would be the place from where the document originated if printed from here?

Agree with thieawin here - it might look like nitpicking or trolling, but not having that information on any publication related to your election campaign can potentially get you disqualified - the wording in the act is:

Illegal practices

Election publications

37. (1) A person shall not-

a print or publish, or cause to be printed or published, any bill, placard

or poster having reference to an election, or any printed document

distributed for the purpose of promoting or procuring the election of a

candidate; or

b post or cause to be posted any such bill, placard or poster; or

c distribute or cause to be distributed any printed document for the said

purpose,

unless the bill, placard, poster or document bears upon its face the name and address of

the printer and publisher.

As to publishing: I guess it is - should it have the line "printed from ManxForums.com" at the bottom, as that would be the place from where the document originated if printed from here?

I happen to know the document has been tampered with. No names no pack drill but someone wishing to fit up the said Ms Cannell hacked into Charles' computer, tampered with the document and removed any identifying marks including publisher details etc.

The person who perpetrated this unspeakably horrible crime did this knowing full well it would prompt the honest citizens of the ManxForums community to turn their venom on Ms Cannell thereby destroying her election prospects.

Brenda and Charles [The East Douglas Two] are innocent! Free the East Douglas Two.

Just to add my two pennorth - yes, I'm a definite fan of Mrs Cannell. I've attended meetings at which several MHKs were present and she was always the sharpest and smartest when it came to analysing difficult concepts and responding to them.

IMHO she's a damned good MHK who isn't afraid of upsetting the 'boys club' in Tynwald when necessary.

I'm the nit who started this by not looking at the manifesto before I posted it on here.

Brenda is a good hardworking woman and if I was in Douglas East I would vote for her even though I wouldn't want her smoking near me!!

You carry on cheerleading. I'll carry on what I'm doing.

Yes, i'll carry on cheerleading, you continue spouting more useless drivel

These young fellas need a wee lesson in the way of the World, and the forum

Patronising? I don't need any lesson to post my opinion thanks :)

I love it when Louis_C gets going. It's BRILLO!!!!!!

fanboy

Roflmao, I've been called some things in my time but fanboy got me laughing :lol

Oh I dunno. It might have an effect yet

It's worked. I'll not be voting for Brenda. Taking into account i live in Onchan mind. :D

Archived