Brenda Cannell, Candidate For Douglas East

Charles Flynn

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm the nit who started this by not looking at the manifesto before I posted it on here.

Brenda is a good hardworking woman and if I was in Douglas East I would vote for her even though I wouldn't want her smoking near me!!

Charles - you stick to your guns mate. You have high principles and that's worth a lot these days.

If all the manifesto's were 'nit picked' and analysed for content we'd be here for months.

Could I just ask what BC's track record has been on children in care in the IOM, seeing as that has the potential to do much more damage to our society and how we are viewed from the outside than the likes of the MEA FINANCIAL losses?

Good for you Gladys, keep reminding everyone that she was just desperate to pass the buck, not sort the problem.

And you have reminded me why I won't be voting for Geoff Cannell.... well one of the numerous reasons anyway!

Could I just ask what BC's track record has been on children in care in the IOM, seeing as that has the potential to do much more damage to our society and how we are viewed from the outside than the likes of the MEA FINANCIAL losses?

Good for you Gladys, keep reminding everyone that she was just desperate to pass the buck, not sort the problem.

And you have reminded me why I won't be voting for Geoff Cannell.... well one of the numerous reasons anyway!

So you will be voting for the steam packet mouthpiece then?

As I recall, it was nimbyism unbecoming to a person in an elected position. Probably no more so than any other elected at the time, but in retrospect someone with the guts to get to the heart of the problem rather than just move it, would have saved so much.

good on BC. she had problem children moved away from the public trying to get on with their lives without being terrorised. BC has my vote....

shame im not in E Douglas though! so it wont count.

Geoff Cannell gets my vote too.... he also had the promblem kiddies moved. Law abiding people should not have to put up with little shits making peoples lives hell.

behave or be removed.

Instead of moving the problem, perhaps a little thought into how the problem had arisen in the first place would have been more productive! I am not supporting the little miscreants, but proper control, support and a will at the top to make the child care service as effective as a responsible in loco parentiis may have been a better starting point.

Law abiding poeple should not have to put up with the little shits anywhere, so do the job properly, take the tiger by the tail and deal with them as any responsible parent would; fairly, with authority, conviction and consistent determination.

Don't just shift the problem to your neighbouring MHK! We elect these people to deal with these issues, they should effectively deal with them not farm them out.

good on BC. she had problem children moved away from the public trying to get on with their lives without being terrorised. BC has my vote....

shame im not in E Douglas though! so it wont count.

Archived