Xbox Live Again

Brizo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've not got live yet despite having the Xbox for ages.

Is it worth picking up? I can only think of one other mate of mine with a 360 and he hasn't got live either :/

i've only had a 360 for about a month but the live part of it is definatley the best part about it.

the online gameplay is brilliant.

i've got a code i got with a game for a 2 day trail here if you want to give it a go?

i would have said xbox360 without live is a major waste!!

even if u dont want to play the games multiplayer, you get access to demo downloads that come out before they do on the mags. and all the xbox live marketplace games too.

definately worth it.

Most of the 360 games have a completely new lease of life when played online.

and some like test drive unlimited were completely made for being online.

on the subject of xbox live where does everyone buy their subscriptions from?

i had a free month trial when i bought the xbox, but this is about to run out.

i've seen a lot of sellers on ebay selling a 12 month subscription for £23, are these legit? :unsure: seems very cheap.

You have to pay for eggbox online? :o

Only for multiplayer not for updates and downloads of demos etc.

You have to pay to support the Xbox Liver servers which are very good and a stable online platform, unlike relying in the publishers servers which you may have to do for PS3 from what I understand.

I used the Live gold trial when I first got it but I didn't really get much out of it to warrant subscribing after it ran out.

Having said that, I think I'll be trading my 360 in when the Wii comes out because I've grown a bit sick of the same old same old with it to be honest.

I was a bit unsure when I made the investment in the first place but now I have I'm definately sure. I play on the GameCube more than I do the 360.

I don't know how much it cots to join Xbox 'live' - I do however think it is a total rip off, after paying a fortune for the hardware, the software, and your ISP that the manufacturers actually expect you to pay to play online with it!!

The majority of PC games can be played online without having to pay any sort of subscription - half life series & half life 2 series, quake series, Halo etc etc.. -- none of these require a payment to play online - I've always been of the opinion that if you buy a game that has a particular feature (such as online multi-player) then how and why should you be ripped off to pay for services (IMHO) that should be included.

I'll stick with my PC for gaming thanks!

i got no problem paying for xbl....im sure mo beats and a few others will see that the ps3 way is going to be the real rip off, not only in cost of the ps3 but the pooray games and an overpriced console thats a year and a bit late to the party.......cant game on pc's so i stick to me console....and will be a dual console owner for the first time.....wii!!!!!

wii60 ftw

I don't know how much it cots to join Xbox 'live' - I do however think it is a total rip off, after paying a fortune for the hardware, the software, and your ISP that the manufacturers actually expect you to pay to play online with it!!

The majority of PC games can be played online without having to pay any sort of subscription - half life series & half life 2 series, quake series, Halo etc etc.. -- none of these require a payment to play online - I've always been of the opinion that if you buy a game that has a particular feature (such as online multi-player) then how and why should you be ripped off to pay for services (IMHO) that should be included.

I agree with that, Gates ripping off his customers once again. Not only do you have to buy 2 consoles in the lifetime of 1, but if you want to get the best out of it you have to keep on paying? Whats that all about?

Year and a bit late to the party? Playstation3's out now in Japan Ray, USA next week, so we'll see how that fares before the Europe launch. I don't think its a rip off for a machine that promises to be true "next-gen" anyway, not with all the features that Microsoft customers have to continue to pay for taken into account. Thats the rip so far as i can see.

Archived