• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Tempus - changed the battery, and on advice of Biscuit on Manxies, rearranged the RAM sticks, and all is now well.

Total Cost:

£0.00

Thanks very much everyone. It's good to know you all care.

On with the revels......

Okay... i've read through this topic and it all looks interesting, but how would you explain that to a clueless me who isn't at all technical when it comes to computers??

I'm in a similar situation to yourself. Actually.... since the BIG thunderstorm back at the beginning of July (yes... that long!) my computer has been sleeping. It happened that night and my older bro. told me it would have been the static from the storm. Basically... though the hard drive starts up (the main power supply with all the stuff in it! - motherboard and such) the monitor does not. Actually... the LED goes green for a few seconds... but then turns orange and nothing appears. I tried it with another monitor... and same result. NOTHING! My bro opened it up and took a look but couldn't figure it out. I figured that I had two choices: 1. Get a pro to fix it (which costs money!) 2. Buy a new computer (which costs money!)

Since I've got no money... I've left it like that for ooh so many months, and am using this laptop instead! But I would desperately love my PC back if anyone had any idea how to fix it (and how to explain in simple terms).

Very much interested in that price of £0.00 as above! Just don't know if that's possible.. :huh:

Archived