Good Radio Show

The Agitator

At last i have just discovered a good radio show on the local radio stations.

Mike Buttell, who most will remember was on Manx Radio, is now doing a brilliant oldies show on Energy FM on a Saturday tea time.

cracking selection of tunes you just dont ever hear anymore because all the local stations are hell bent on churning out shite like britney spears and westlife!

well done Mr Buttell! hope they keep it on the air as everytime a decent show comes on, it seems to get moved to a rediculous time of day or night..

..can you pursuade them to stick a rock / metal show on too?

At last i have just discovered a good radio show on the local radio stations.

Mike Buttell, who most will remember was on Manx Radio, is now doing a brilliant oldies show on Energy FM on a Saturday tea time.

cracking selection of tunes you just dont ever hear anymore because all the local stations are hell bent on churning out shite like britney spears and westlife!

Do you mean something like Triple Gold on Manx Radio on Sunday afternoons - three hours of hits from the 1970s and 1980s or more like 'Carnaby Street' on Manx Radio on Saturday mornings with 2 hours of sixties music and memories?

Hey, that Buttell chap learned a lot when he worked for Manx Radio, didn't he? And wasn't he with 3FM as well? Wow - he really is the caravan of the airwaves!

..can you pursuade them to stick a rock / metal show on too?

Looking for a rock/metal show? Saturday night on Manx Radio is Stu Peters' Rock Show 9pm-1am --- guaranteed to satisfy yo rockin needs

thats not a bloody rock show, its pathetic as there's all sorts thrown in. something like tommy vance or even roger corkill. where has he gone? saturday nights just aren't the same.

3fm just plays wishy washy rubbish and they have that awful chart show now on a sunday that energy used to have.

carnaby street is on too early for me. when stu lowe did the show at 10am it was better. (or am i just getting old) now you have that dreadful woman on in that slot yapping about bollox. i do enjoy dave cherry now he's on sat afternoon, at least when he talks bollox (most of the time) its rather amusing! :D

Mike's never been with 3FM, He's been at Energy over a year now, he has one hell of a musical knowledge and has a huge collection of music across the board.

The chart show 3FM is using is Hit40UK, used to be on Manx radio in the days when they were trying for the kids "kik FM" audience.

We had the smash hits chart which was supposedly aimed at a wider range but turned out not to be, so we opted for the A-list (when smash hits was discontinued) which is an artist chart looking at the best selling artists across all media formats. Target age range of 25-55.

I'm somehow left with the impression that you might work for Energy Fm Agitator?

well that seems to be a common view on here. if someone praises something, they MUST either work for the subject, be related or have a vested interest. what a simpleton you are. god forbid nobody praises anything do they?

Matty, just a question...........

Are you one of the 604 by any chance?

Mike's never been with 3FM, He's been at Energy over a year now, he has one hell of a musical knowledge and has a huge collection of music across the board.

The chart show 3FM is using is Hit40UK, used to be on Manx radio in the days when they were trying for the kids "kik FM" audience.

We had the smash hits chart which was supposedly aimed at a wider range but turned out not to be, so we opted for the A-list (when smash hits was discontinued) which is an artist chart looking at the best selling artists across all media formats. Target age range of 25-55.

i stand corrected denzel, i thought the hit top 40 show was on energy fm. i remember mike from the port disco, some good nights down there. but that was when i had hair and a hillman avenger!

I'm somehow left with the impression that you might work for Energy Fm Agitator?

well that seems to be a common view on here. if someone praises something, they MUST either work for the subject, be related or have a vested interest. what a simpleton you are. god forbid nobody praises anything do they?

You give the impression that you have a vested interest, because you vilify the other radio stations, praising only one of them.

When given constructive criticism by other posters (Dames Aflame/Lonan3 for example) you just dismiss their posts, rather than having a constructive argument to back yourself with.

Please enlighten us on what you mean by 604!

You give the impression that you have a vested interest, because you vilify the other radio stations, praising only one of them.

When given constructive criticism by other posters (Dames Aflame/Lonan3 for example) you just dismiss their posts, rather than having a constructive argument to back yourself with.

Please enlighten us on what you mean by 604!

it just amazes me that when you praise something, immediatley people jump to direct you to something else. mike buttels show was a rather un predictable mix, quite refreshing actually.

as for vilifying the others, energy is not without its irritations, now you got me started. the guy in the morning before dave cherry is an arrogant &%$@, they dont have news on a saturday and they have awful screetching jingles, but on the whole the news casts during the week are very good.

the 604 btw may be a different number now, but you'll find those sort of figures in the Economic Affairs Division of Treasury somewhere.

now really this thread is boring the tits of me, i pointed out what a good radio programme it was on saturday teatime and a bit of praise for mike buttel, and all you get is tospots like you looking for the alteria motive.

i'm off to agitate a different thread.

the 604 btw may be a different number now, but you'll find those sort of figures in the Economic Affairs Division of Treasury somewhere.

You still haven't answered my question, - as you say the 604 might be a different number now, but when it 'was' 604, what was it a number of?

The 'beast'? (actually 667 not 666 if you do some research)

Please explain.......

My original post wasn't trying to attack you, or your post, it just came across that you seemed to be a huge supporter of 'Energy FM' because you posted they had Mike Buttell doing a brilliant 'oldies show' on Energy FM, other posters pointed out there were other stations playing 'oldies shows' that you dismissed in a not very nice way.

Archived