Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fill in the blanks please someone - I read in the Examiner that some MHK's were calling for him to temporarily stand down while the investigation was conducted but have heard no more than that. Has he announced that no such thing will happen or something??

But he's vowing to continue and his priority remains to look after the Island's reputation and provide stability.
and how pray can that be possible with the dark clouds hanging over us due to the alleged underhand goings on in the halls of power?

Just who's reputation is at stake, I haven't done anything wrong to damage any reputations, it's people like him that are giving the rest of us a bad name.

Publically?

Mr Corkill says he understands concerns about how the Island's international reputation could be affected by the investigation into grants he and his wife received for holiday cottages at their Onchan home, Ballacain.

However, he insists he's taken this fully into consideration.

So that's alright then, at least he thought about, so that I don't need to worry!

If it was anyone else in any Government department they would be suspended until the problem was sorted out.

Or the Fire service, health profession, police force, teachers...

So Neil Kinrade the deputy Chief Constable was suspended without any charge and is now pensioned off with no info to us tax payers.

The Chief Minister is being investigated by the police and not suspended.

So a law for one and a law for another?

While remaining in office under police investigation The Chief Minister holds tremendous power and responsibility of the office and has access to information that most of us will never have. A position of supreme responsibility and TRUST.

I think this situation is disgraceful.

It begs the question are other members of Tynwald frightened to come forward to air their views in case they are implicated in something we all really know nothing about?

And at the end of the day we really all know little about this.

And I wonder will we ever?

And if we find out the truth will we be shut down or moderated out by people who have cause to destroy information?

Is this "open transparent Government"? Those words are the Chief Minister's.

And at the end of the day we really all know little about this.

You got that right. Let's try to remember it and not convict before we do.

However, I do feel that in an ideal world Brenda Cannell's suggestion that he step down temporarily is best. But I doubt that will happen, can anyone think of a politician anywhere that did that? Why? Because if he steps down he will find it a lot harder to step back up.

Another thought. Should a person in such high office be investigated by a police force that one of his ministers controls?

The term natural justice springs to mind and impartiality being seen to be done.

The Chief Minister is entitled to that in his own right.

If the CM stands down, would that not bring down his ministers to, and would they like to lose all that extra cash, I dont think so. So you can bet the CMs word for today is stick with me mates and your cash is safe.

John Shimmin said its a domestic thing, the UK press aint intersted in the IOM. Is that why the Story was in the SCOTSMAN newspaper on sunday

The CM will probably split his pay out from the ongoing court case with his ministers. The drinks are on FMCR then.

On a more serious point, why should the CM resign his position because the Police are investigating a complaint made by a two bit painter and his mate ? As for this being a delaying tactic by the CM, I doubt it very much. As the complaint to the police came from the painter, is it not the painter who is delaying the whole proceedings. Also there has been no mention of the actual civil court case being delayed, just Tynwalds investigation.

Geo

Archived