Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As snow-jobs go it's not a bad effort.

"Blame our department, the Corkill's couldn't possibly have known that they only qualified for a single grant" and so forth.

Hopefully there will be some simple questions requiring simple answers tomorrow.

Just got my copy of the Isle of Man Nedsaminer and I am about to settle down to absorb the latest events in our domestic political arena - thank goodness we might be considered to benefit from unbiased, daring, freespeaking cutting edge journalism, ever ready to sniff out sinister leaked memo's in the relentless pursuit of the truth to serve the people and stuff.........

Oooohhh, kettle is on :-)

Well.... I actually laughed out loud when I got to the bit that said the two separate applications were a result of specific advice issued by the grant office which unfortunately hadn't been documented at all in any of the files...no letters, no faxes, no file notes...... must just have been a quick/casual chat over the phone eh?

ROFLMAO!

Of course there is no way anyone, not even a senior finance minister or similar, would have been aware that they had somehow managed to be awarded two near maximum payments in contravention of all the supporting paperwork you so carefully wade through when embarking on an application of that nature?

Gosh, am I really that cynical?

PS. Also laughed at the way the story was spliced over two pages - all the positives in a nice eye catching spot on the front page followed by a "Please turn to page 6" whereafter I initially struggled to find the rest of the report amongst all the ads, which needless to say contained what might be construed as the more negative aspects of the history surrounding the issue.

Archived