Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

Total paid £240k of which the DTL paid £92k, so the owner has only paid £148k for four new properties

I am now getting seriously confused here. Is it

1. 240k paid to the builders by the Department of Tourism & Leisure or the client?

2. 148k paid to the builders by the Department of Tourism & Leisure or the client?

3. 92k paid to the builder by the Department of Tourism & Leisure?

4. 92k paid to the client by the Department of Tourism & Leisure?

In theory or in practice?

Theory: Client employs builder, client pays builder, builder signs invoices as paid (now a receipt), client submits invoices (now a receipt) to DT&L, DT&L pays grant to client, end.

Alledged: client employs builder, builder submits invoice (£300,000ish), client submits invoice to DT&L, DT&L pay grant to client (£92,000), client pays builder (£240,000), builder sues for shortpayment, client counter sues.

Simple see?

edited for clarity [sic]

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could ans or someone possibly extract all the buses type stuff and make a new thread. I'm getting quite excited about all this bus stuff and I detect others are too.

i can hardly contain myself but it's a truly brilliant idea to move all the really interesting stuff onto a new thread Jack :rolleyes:

If it's moved, I might even dig out a really exciting photo of a green double decker with driver AND conductor that I squirrelled away for just such a moment ... Now they were the days.

I should have kept my mouth shut.

So, if a thread makes a certain reading on the Ned-O-Meter ™ it gets added here, I take it.

Anyway, anyone fancy starting a buses thread? I will add the pages about buses in Port Erin (Buses Magazine, Vol 34 No 326 May 1982 ibid)

its the old boys network

What old boys network? you have the chance to change things by careful action but instead you bleather on a load of old cobblers. It is a great shame FCMR because people are losing interest, the dreadful facts are being buried by speculation.

its the old boys network

What old boys network? you have the chance to change things by careful action but instead you bleather on a load of old cobblers. It is a great shame FCMR because people are losing interest, the dreadful facts are being buried by speculation.

hahahahahahah

you live on the iom yet ask what old boys network! hahahahah

It's a shame this is dragging on so long because people do start to get bored. This perhaps is one of the tactics, drag it on so people lose interest and it gets put to the back of the shelf.

I for one would like to see the result of this long-running dispute, whether it be in FCMR's favour or not. I just want to know the truth..

What sort of timeframes are there, if any?

Archived