Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

If you'd stated a 'two bit cleaning woman' or 'two bit black bus driver' or 'two bit local binman' your ass could be hauled before the pc brigade

Do I give a flying fcuk about PC - I doubt it.

what difference does a persons standing in society have to do with the matter hmmm?

To me absolutely none.

and who the hell are you to judge folk by what or who they are.

As I know both parties for well over ten years I am well placed to make judgments on who they are and what they do.

Take your statement back or bear the consequences

Awaiting bear - have trap ready and pot is on for bear soup.

Geo

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened to the news at lunchtime and once again got confused.

Mr Cretney - The builder/constituent made the allegations.

Mr Moore - Contacted Mr Cretney in December and gave him info on monies paid and again in July where passed on info. Mr cretney said he would investigate.

If this is the case all Mr Moore did was give Mr Cretney some facts in relation to monies paid to the builder and amount claimed off the DTL (all in the Public Domain).

It appears to me that Mr Cretney passed this info to his dept (leaked memo) to investigate who have then decided to contact the police.

Confused conclusion DTL are the ones who have made the allegations to the Police.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here. (sorry about the spelling)

The following is from the leaked Memo from the DTL.

Removed by mod. If Manx Radio will not publish details of this for legal reasons, I'm pretty sure we can't either

Details here http://www.manxradio.com/news/manxnews//fu...1.shtml?id=3140

This Memo was leaked by the DTL why, it is now out in the public domain, I have seen the leaked Memo and it was not signed by me as stated by Mr Cretney.

The Chief Constable is to be investigated by members of a UK Police force on the instructions of one of Neds Ministers, why has this same Minister not asked for a UK Police force to investigate the CM. A rule for one and one for the other springs to mind, unless we are about to get a cover up ?

I agree with you FCMR on the basis that Conspiracy Theorists like you that exist in their hundreds on the Isle of Man will turn round and say that some funny buisness went on with the police investigation when they announce that no evidence of criminal action was uncovered.

I am afraid in your eyes our CM will never be innocent unless you could have him investigated in somewhere like Iraq but I suppose even then you would say he was in cohoots with Bush.

:rolleyes:

Can you prove this.

If I had to, yes I could. But from your understanding of proof, the fact I have lived here on the Island for over thirty years should be enough of a tangential connection to be proof enough for you.

Having read today’s Independent it is funny how David Cretney states that the allegations from the Builder (MR Moore) were many and varied and as such he was duty bound to act. Quite different from what Mr Moore states in these forums.

I think Professor John Bates sums it up nicely, a balanced and professional opinion, you should take note FMCR, being balanced and professional is definitely not your strongest point.

Geo

Although nothing has been proved at this stage and we all know what is going down, I personally feel that the CM should either;

a) Stand aside, in the interest of the island, until the investigation is complete.

B) Resign forthwith.

c) Be the subject of a ministerial vote and not, make the decision to remain in office his own choice.

I`m sure anyone else in a similar position would immediately be suspended on full pay until the outcome was resolved.

How, and why, can it be so different for our CM ?

He shouldn't decide - the whole thing is a farce.

I know I've said this before, but when the maximum grant payable for a project is around 50k - on what basis were they able to split the project and justify two payments just short of the maximum (total nintey-something), for what certainly looks to me to be ONE project? That in itself gives a bad impression and smacks of greed, IMHO.

Out of interest, how much does a C.M. earn these days? Is that information in the public domain?

In Reply to Geo

I have already proved one of the so called allegations in court and is out in the public domain.

I proved that the CM submitted all our invoices as paid to the DTL for £337k and then got him to admit that he had only paid us £240k. These are facts that any one can check up on for themselves, so who was telling the lies, why did he tell the DTL he had paid us £337k when he had not. :rolleyes:

Ned has just made an other press release, he names me as the person that made the alegations and follows on in saying that he has never met or spoke to me and that his wife has only met me once or twice.

Thats funny who paid us the £240k

Ned has just made an other press release

Personally FCMR, I think you and the proprietor of Ballacain Holiday cottages should keep your mouths shut and let the police try and get to the bottom of things.

Im glad to read in the papers and hear on the radio all the support that the CM is getting, I really am, its nice to see he has mates, but will those same mates still go public at the end of it all.

He ovbiously hasn't read this then from http://www.iomonline.co.im/frontpage.aspx.

Should Chief Minister Richard Corkill step aside from his post while he and wife Julie are probed by the police over grants they received?

Results >>

70% Yes, in the interests of the Island he should appoint a caretaker

30% No, he has not been accused of any crime

Archived