Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

In Reply to Geo

I have already proved one of the so called allegations in court and is out in the public domain.

I though you siad that you didn't know what was being investigated ?

I proved that the CM submitted all our invoices as paid to the DTL for £337k and then got him to admit that he had only paid us £240k. These are facts that any one can check up on for themselves, so who was telling the lies, why did he tell the DTL he had paid us £337k  when he had not.  :rolleyes:

Invoices were submitted to the DTL, but at no point were they submitted as paid up invoices. It was the DTL who dropped a bollock by asuming these invoices were paid up. This has been publicly admitted by the DTL. I have at no time seen anything that has been substantiated that siad the CM submitted invoices as being paid up.

Ned has just made an other press release, he names me as the person that made the alegations and follows on in saying that he has never met or spoke to me and that his wife has only met me once or twice.

Thats funny who paid us the £240k

Well looking through this thread it would appear that even you can't decide if you made the alegations or not.

Geo

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Invoices were submitted to the DTL, but at no point were they submitted as paid up invoices. It was the DTL who dropped a bollock by asuming these invoices were paid up.

In fairness, one would assume that because the CM helped devise the tourism grant scheme you'd expect him to be fully aware of the requirements. Even still, when applying for such large amounts of cash you'd also assume they'd read the paperwork which listed the requirements.

That leaves a few possibilities.

--> Both he and the DTL didnt know paid invoices were required. (hmm I dont believe that given he helped reintroduce the scheme)

--> Both he and the DTL overlooked the fact that unpaid invoices were submitted - the term "overlooked"* could be deliberate or an honest mistake. *Depending on your mindset this could be "ignored".

--> The unpaid invoices were submitted and passed through so the cash could be issued without any qualms. Its only when the legal action materialized the xxxx hit the fan.

I guess this is what Tynwald/Police want to get to the bottom of. I've drawn my own conclusion.

Geo read this, this is what Mr Cretney said in court, a copy can be obtained from Government office.

Three quotations were submitted with the application and these were tested by an independant Quantity Surveyor appointed by my department

The Quantity Surveyor inspected the works undertaken and confirmed that they fundamently accorded with the project as originally submitted, and had been completed to a high standard.

My Department paid out the grant in respect of this appication once it had recieved copies of receipted invoices in respect of the full amount of the project, in accordance with the requirements of the scheme.

My Department made a formal offer on 12th july 2002.

The grant assistance was paid on 24th July 2003.

Signed by David Cretney.

------------------------------------------

If anyone would like to see a copy of this, pm me a fax No and Ill send a copy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Tynwald select meeting on 13/8/04 Mr Geof LePage of the DTL was asked about the builders unpaid invoices that his department had recieved and he stated they were signed as paid. the signature was described as a squiggle and did not look like the those of the builder.

What was the value of the works submitted as paid up invoices, it was £337000.00

has Mr Corkill not admitted in a statement that he has only paid £240000.00. Yes.

I rest my case.

And I repeat I dont know what the Police are investigating, we have been told that it is a matter between the Police, DTL and the Corkills.

The memo from the DTL that was leaked has not been signed by any of the builders as stated by Mr Cretney.

Also to the above the DTL appointed a independant QS to inspect and check what was said to be paid by the CM. So have they to made a mistake, Why do you think the real reason for stoping the Tynwald select meeting was, the Independant QS was to give his evidence, and In my opinion they did not want it heard in public, Why

If you're not interested, you don't have to read it - there are plenty of other threads. Personally I don't think it is :whatever: and if he has been screwed over to the extent that he indicates, then he has my sympathy.

I'd love to not read it but when it permeates pretty much every thread, it gets very tiresome very fast. Maybe if it wasn't one side of the story I'd be interested but this subject has dominated Manx Forums all over for almost a year and it's questionable whether FRMC should be posting at all as one of the key people, but that's his risk.

Maybe the best solution is for single megathead to be created and any new threads are just merged into it. That way, this noise doesn't clog up the forums for the people *not* interested in seeing CFRM post in so many threads about it and it would also leave all the information in one place. Opinion?

GI Jane: *kiss*

Yeah, kinda what I had in mind too. No point in restrospectively doing the old ones. How about we make this the megathread, sticky it and mods can merge any new threads into here?

I've done it. We'll try it and see how it works.

FCMR - I don't know you from Adam but I've been reading your posts from when all the problems started, and I admire the way you've publicised it, stuck with it, and are finally seeing some results. It takes some guts to take on the CM.

Ans - I don't know you either, but find your posts extremely irriitating. You just love to put people down, don't you - and especially FCMR. Why? He's obviously got a genuine grievence, so why shouldn't he bang on about it here? At least his posts are seemingly driven by his desire for justice. Yours just appear to be aimed at point-scoring.

Archived