Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this again, Ned told the DTL that he had paid the builder £337000.00, he submitted invoices that had been signed as paid to that value, he has now admitted that he has only paid the builder £240000.00. The DTL has now admitted that all the invoices had been signed as paid but the two unpaid invoices that had been signed as paid. the signatures are not those of the builders, they say they are squiggles. The point is why did the CM tell the DTL he had paid the Builders £337000.oo when he had only paid them £24000.00, he has been paid the £92000.00 grant money based on what he told the DTL. I dont give a xxxx about what we are owed now , I just want to see justice for the taxpayer, ( still it would nice to be paid).

Geo 2+2 = 4

I dont give a xxxx about what we are owed now , I just want to see justice for the taxpayer, ( still it would nice to be paid).

I expressed a concern a while back that there may be a last minute out of court settlement that contained a secrecy clause (similar to the way the Police investigation went). After all the deliberate delaying tactics, the available evidence (and gut feelings) I still worry that this will be the case despite FCMRs above comment.

Would the Finance Minister approve the scheme?
Surely the Finance Minister has overall responsibility for the distribution of Government funds. Do you think he would stand up in Tynwald to announce his annual budget without being aware of what was in it?

Even though he has made deliberate attempts to distance himself from the Grant Scheme, as Finance minister it was his responsibility to know what it was and how it worked. Irrespective of the subsequent grant application, at that time he should have known.

(Edit to add) Bear in mind also that this wasn't a wholey new grant scheme, it was the reintroduction of an old scheme previously ceased. (end edit)

A perfect example is a recent court case. A designated official was off the premises when an 15 year old was in the bar. The bar person was fined for the offence, the official was fined (responsible for the action of the staff even in absence), and H&B were given a serious reminder about their responsibility as the employers (not sure if fined).

With position (and salary) goes responsibility. If you can not accept the responsibility then you shouldn't hold the position. Ned in this case is the equivilent to the designated official. Ignorence is no defence.

All of this is before I even start to think about the subsequent grant claim and it's implications...

I've missed two weeks worth of this, but one other point that bothers me about the situation was the claim made by the CM that the work done was in some way substandard any yet the same work was approved as being OK and payment was made on that basis.

That sums it up to me.

"CM - Yeh all the work is fine, can I please have my money?"

"DTL - Here you go.."

"CM - Thanks. oOO I've just realised the work is substandard now"

If the work was sub-standard - it should have been disputed while the surveyors were round, he could have even pointed the bad bits out...

If the work was sub-standard - it should have been disputed while the surveyors were round, he could have even pointed the bad bits out...

But then the Grant money wouldn't be sat in his bank account earning interest while the builders were in danger of going out of business, as well as the subbies and suppliers being inconvenienced by the delay in receiving their payments.

This whole debacle is after all affecting more people than just the main contractors and the clients, there is a chain of others involved in this.

Also worth remembering the substantial number (20?) of variances to the planning permission and a number of them were refused retrospective planning permission.

I think if I was spending 1/3 million and had previously been a minister in the planning dept I'd have noticed things like missing windows or (allegedly) a snooker room appearing.

Whenever a politician or business leader categorically states that she/he will not be resigning -> well somehow it always sounds like "I'll be gone by Friday, at the latest". By the time you are denying the need to resign - well it's already over, I think.

So irrespective of the rights and wrongs, it can surely only be a matter of days now.

But because he has said that he will not be going - so he is going to need to find a wording -> to save face, when reversing out of that "not resigning" position. Unless he is publicly sacked or suspended. And he has said today that suspension / temporary resignation is not an option. So it's all or nothing.

So my guess is that when the private persuasion is over, then he will suddenly resign - citing his realisation that he needs to fully devote his time, for the moment, to dealing with his various private matters and that, unfortunately, he is currently unable to fully concentrate his time and energy to the business of government.

If you put your head above the wall once to often it gets ?

In todays paper Ned has stated that he has never met Mr Moore and that his wife had only briefly met him twice.

How can this be true when Mr Moores men spent many weeks decorating Neds own home including his office, this was on top of decorating the holiday homes. Mr Moores men do not take instructions from any client, so who gave out all the instructions and specifications :whatever:

Will Ned tell us next that Bob The Builder built his holiday homes. And I wonder why he introduced the MD of a well know House builder to Mr Moore, the morning they went to see ManU v the Gunners game.

Some nice pictures due out soon of Ned and Mr Moore together at opening of another building the builders completed in which Ned was in charge of the Fund Raising.

We were on site from July02 to Aug03

I read on the back of a crisp packet blowing around the back of Government Offices that Ned is an honourable man, and last week had prepared his resignation letter, only to find that constitutionally there is no mechanism for him to do so, or be replaced, so he had to put it on hold.

It also said salt content was 3.8% with a Fat content of 41%.

So I am not sure.

Gary Lineker may know.

Archived