Megathread - Business As Usual - Ned

RC-Drift.com

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I despair of you young people. Tut.

Not even knowing when the next election is - the political scene around you is just a miasma you do not understand.

No wonder politicians get away with things, because nobody takes any notice what is around them except those what had a proper education at the Grammar.

November 23rd 2006, - EVERY FIVE YEARS

The Olympics are every four years.

Foot and Mouth every 34 years

Halleys Comet is every 76 years

The Ice Age is every 17,000 years

An exciting Formula 1 race - Once in a Blue Moon

I thought it was 2006 but then November 2005 sounded more like it. Oh well, I got the year and Declan got the month so we got there in the end... kind of.... :-)

DOH!

Did I read that a possible cover up is on the way, Well that could be true.

In Neds press statement yesterday he stated the following.

Having scrutinised the allegattions against us , I can say that they are spuious.

As the Memo was protected by Confidential cover and Ned was not on the list to recieve or look at it, how did he scrutinise it, by him being allowed to view its contents puts the polices investigation into question. Only four copies were made, our advocate, the AG, Police and the DTL.

The copy that has been leaked to the press is not the correct memo so is of no use to anyone.

Only four copies were made, our advocate, the AG, Police and the DTL.

I thought you said you were not aware of what the allegations are !!!. Me thinks someone is not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth !!

Geo

Geo read this, this is what Mr Cretney said in court, a copy can be obtained from Government office.

Three quotations were submitted with the application and these were tested by an independant Quantity Surveyor appointed by my department

The Quantity Surveyor inspected the works undertaken and confirmed that they fundamently accorded with the project as originally submitted, and had been completed to a high standard.

My Department paid out the grant in respect of this appication once it had recieved copies of receipted invoices in respect of the full amount of the project, in accordance with the requirements of the scheme.

My Department made a formal offer on 12th july 2002.

The grant assistance was paid on 24th July 2003.

Signed by David Cretney.

------------------------------------------

If anyone would like to see a copy of this, pm me a fax No and Ill send a copy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Tynwald select meeting on 13/8/04 Mr Geof LePage of the DTL was asked about the builders unpaid  invoices that his department had recieved and he stated they were signed as paid. the signature was described as a squiggle and did not look like the those of the builder.

What was the value of the works submitted as paid up invoices, it was £337000.00

has Mr Corkill not admitted in a statement that he has only paid £240000.00. Yes.

I rest my case.

And I repeat I dont know what the Police are investigating, we have been told that it is a matter between the Police, DTL and the Corkills.

The memo from the DTL that was leaked has not been signed by any of the builders as stated by Mr Cretney.

We are now but are not aware of what the police are investigating

It would be safe to assume they are investigating whatever accusations were made by yourself in the memo.

So I reiterate my far previous point that any delays in proceedings are actualy down to your actions and not those of the CM.

Think of Poker, its not what you tell them you have, its not what you actually have its what they think you have that wins the game. You can only bluff your hand so many times. Another age old analogy would be the boy that cried wolf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the Memo was protected by Confidential cover and Ned was not on the list to recieve or look at it, how did he scrutinise it, by him being allowed to view its contents puts the polices investigation into question.

he probably sent you a PM and you faxed it to him - LOL -

Geo

Did the builder only make his allegations when and after he fell out with the clients? Suppose that they hadn't fallen out on the deal - suppose that the deal had gone to plan ... the work had been satisfactory (according to the clients) and the monies had been paid (according to the builder) . Then would the allegations (planning, invoices, grants etc) not have been made?

We are now but are not aware of what the police are investigating

It would be safe to assume they are investigating whatever accusations were made by yourself in the memo.

So I reiterate my far previous point that any delays in proceedings are actualy down to your actions and not those of the CM.

Think of Poker, its not what you tell them you have, its not what you actually have its what they think you have that wins the game. You can only bluff your hand so many times. Another age old analogy would be the boy that cried wolf.

Well Geo, I think you are confusing a civil case with a criminal one. FCMR and A N Other have a civil case outstanding for work done approved by a building inspector that has not been paid for. It is completely seperate from a list of accusations such as two maximum Department of Tourism grants for the same project that eventually ended up with the AG who passed it on to the totally incorruptible Manx Constabulary for further investigation. The civil action for monies not paid will go ahead eventually. Whether or not there are criminal charges is in the hands of the Manx Police and only then if there is a case to answer.

But it does seem to be taking the Manx Police an awfully long time to check up on a very simple, transparent, government grant of public money. How strange it is taking more than a week or so....... But then I couldn't possibly comment....

As the Memo was protected by Confidential cover and Ned was not on the list to recieve or look at it, how did he scrutinise it, by him being allowed to view its contents puts the polices investigation into question.

he probably sent you a PM and you faxed it to him - LOL -

Geo

I said that I could fax a copy of the answers to questions in Tynwald ,not the so call leaked Memo.

What is in the Memo is a list of questions asked of ones MHK

Here's the bit I don't get about the whole thing:

If the Dept of Tourism have admitted the grants were awarded in error, and the CM says he's acted in good faith, why doesn't Ned have to return the money he was given by mistake? If he's as honest and squeaky as he's making out, wouldn't he do that on his own without being forced to?

The parellel is with an expense claim at work. If I spend something and forget to get a reciept, then I can't claim the expense. If I can understand that, why can't Ned?

Here's the bit I don't get about the whole thing:

If the Dept of Tourism have admitted the grants were awarded in error, and the CM says he's acted in good faith, why doesn't Ned have to return the money he was given by mistake? If he's as honest and squeaky as he's making out, wouldn't he do that on his own without being forced to?

The parellel is with an expense claim at work. If I spend something and forget to get a reciept, then I can't claim the expense. If I can understand that, why can't Ned?

A very sensible thing to do, wonder if he has ? Thing about the CM is that he has only commented when he has had to, playing the rest of his cards close to his chest, unlike FMCR. Definatley a question for mannin line me thinks.

Geo

Archived