"road Safety Camera"

3v0

Can I remind people that offering 'bounties' for smashing up government equipment is illegal. And if it does happen to get smashed up, you don't want them knocking on your doors because all you internet toughguys will just wee in your pants and your mothers willl have to clean up the mess.

Quit it with the pseudo vigilante bullshit.

(Note: This is prompted by three complaints)

Damn! I was just going to ask if there was a reward for turning them in!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I remind people that offering 'bounties' for smashing up government equipment is illegal.

Yes the camera is government property. However, since it was bought with tax payer's money it is therefore funded by the people. Therefore, is it not the people's to destroy? What right does the government / police have ethically to prosecute you if you destroy something you have effectively paid for?

(playing devil's advocate)

Can I remind people that offering 'bounties' for smashing up government equipment is illegal.

Yes the camera is government property. However, since it was bought with tax payer's money it is therefore funded by the people. Therefore, is it not the people's to destroy? What right does the government / police have ethically to prosecute you if you destroy something you have effectively paid for?

(playing devil's advocate)

Well on the basis that every tax payer agreed with you then I guess you may have a point...on the basis that I wouldnt agree and I "own" a bit of it the keep your filthy paws off!! :)

Can I remind people that offering 'bounties' for smashing up government equipment is illegal. And if it does happen to get smashed up, you don't want them knocking on your doors because all you internet toughguys will just wee in your pants and your mothers willl have to clean up the mess.

Quit it with the pseudo vigilante bullshit.

(Note: This is prompted by three complaints)

Ok so maybe it's not the most grown up approach to a discussion/argument/whatever, but I think I might be right in thinking it was only a joke (maybe i'm wrong...it has been known) but complaints???? 3 of them!!!!

Who or what on earth complains about (non offensive) content on an internet forum!! :huh:

Oh dear....

Who or what on earth complains about (non offensive) content on an internet forum!! :huh:

Oh dear....

The police, perhaps... who might have to waste valuable time pursuing some dickhead who does something of the kind because he saw it on a forum and it seemed like a good idea.

Oh dear....

The police, perhaps... who might have to waste valuable time pursuing some dickhead who does something of the kind because he saw it on a forum and it seemed like a good idea.

No comment, your honour....

Currently being debated on Manxradio NOW (Talking Heads).

Comments approx 80:20 against.

Listening to Any Answers I've learned that only angry nutters call radio stations to express their political opinions.

So your 80:20 is probably a nutter ratio. 80% of the nutters are against.

In general, I've also noticed that nutters are more often against than in favour. Whatever the thing :)

Guest gingernut

Eh,oh. Looks like the Blight in Blighty has escaped and found us! ;) Being a newbie, it is good to know where these are, although for a minute, I thought that I had escaped the Fatso Gatsos foreva, then I woke up.

Archived