Let Him Know Your Probs

Theskeat

i've been in a position to receive petitions myself in another life, they are generally treated as an opportunity to get a picture in the paper and make people feel useful. Often they are not included in any decision making equations though. I used them to see who was behind the move and anticipate the next move, or likely next move of the opposition.

Mr Blair will rarely even look at them, the names and addresses might be entered onto a data base and cross referenced for intent and allegiences, the very reason I don't sign petitions of any type.

I wouldn't bother. As far as I'm concerned we can handle things ourselves, and shouldn't give the UK any assumption that it has anything to do with us.

Dammit Albert I agree with about 85% of everything you say.

We will have to meet up for a pint sometime. [before the smoking legislation takes off] :rolleyes:

I used them to see who was behind the move and anticipate the next move, or likely next move of the opposition.

Quite. Those and the questions from "members of the public" that open council meetings.

Mr Blair will rarely even look at them, the names and addresses might be entered onto a data base and cross referenced for intent and allegiences, the very reason I don't sign petitions of any type.

Again, you've hit the nail on the head. The UK government are considering downgrading or even closing the hospital in the town I used to live in - despite its having a population of 100,000 and a catchment area of 300,000. A petition with tens of thousands of signatures has been prepared, but I suspect the decision has been made already - since Labour has not a single MP or councillor in the area, they have nothing to lose.

I wouldn't bother. As far as I'm concerned we can handle things ourselves, and shouldn't give the UK any assumption that it has anything to do with us.

We will have to meet up for a pint sometime. [before the smoking legislation takes off] :rolleyes:

can I come too!

....er, except the only times I totally disagree with you is on smoking.

So, we'll all go for a jolly forum drinking when you buggars have to stand out in the rain for a nicofix.

can I come too!

....er, except the only times I totally disagree with you is on smoking.

So, we'll all go for a jolly forum drinking when you buggars have to stand out in the rain for a nicofix.

I'm up for a pint & a yarn with you folks - as long as I can sit & roll a fag in a civilised drinking establishment!!!

There's a bar in Calgary I've been to a couple of times - it kind of reminds me of how the original 'Bushy's' used to feel - it's certainly one of the most civilised pubs I can say I have ever been to, - there's a seated area outside amongst all the traffic fumes for the non smokers, and the smokers can stay inside - that seems about as balanced as it could possibly be, unless of course you're a non driving, non smoker.

- Maybe we should have 'bars'for non drinking, non smoking, non driving, non meat eaters;

non drinking, non smoking, non meat eaters'

drinking,non smoking, non meat eaters;

non drinking, non meat eating drivers,

and a bar for the rest of us?? (I'm trying to keep everyone happy here!!!)

Archived