Highly Suspicious

ccm

I would vote for Geoff. Because I watched him fight a man down a back lane behind my Mum's house when I was about 10 and he looked well 'ard.

I know you were young at the time...but that was probably Geoff fighting with himself and losing. Geoff is one of the few people I know who can even lose an argument with himself.

I would vote for Geoff. Because I watched him fight a man down a back lane behind my Mum's house when I was about 10 and he looked well 'ard.

Apparently, at the Douglas West meeting on Wednesday night, Geoff interrupted John Shimmin whilst he was lecturing the audience on something. There was a well 'ard bloke in the audience who shouted to Geoff to 'shut up, let him speak will ya'.

- and Geoff did.

I wouldn't have fancied the blokes chances with Geoff 20/30 years ago though . . . . !

That is one of the plus points of the IOM: back lanes!

They're proper thoroughfares, drainage, wide enough to get a car down and give a good toshing to an adversary on the way!

I truly, truly missed back lanes when I lived across.

I'm sure that your experiences of back lanes would make for a fascinating thread! ;)

As for Geoff Cannell - wouldn't it have been better for Steve Colley to stand for Keys and just have Geoff do the commentary?

Back to topic, what's the problem with waiting to see the opposition before you show yourself?

It appears that sitting MHKs expect to get in without much of a fight, supported by their friends in high places who have interests they want protecting. Somewhere along the line are their minions that see it as an afront for someone to dare to stand up to the system and oppose their friends. Wake up to reality, not everyone sees these MHKs as cuddly wuddly folk that like a laugh and are quite entitled to line their own pockets while pretending to be looking after the people.

2 seats available, only one sitting MHK is standing, looks like a bloody good idea to me. Someone has to get the empty seat, why not me! If you see yourself as capable of doing the job, are prepared to work at it and have nothing else to do on a Tuesday, crack on.

It is quite possible that these folk are not "wety behind the ears" as you seem to think, they may be experienced politicians with a hell of a lot more experience that some of the sitting tenants at the wedding cake.

Give them some respect for at least standing in the open and not skulking behind made up names and personalities to slag people off with inpunity.

So, if you are not prepared to stand up and be counted, at least respect those that are.

Give them some respect for at least standing in the open and not skulking behind made up names and personalities to slag people off with inpunity.

So, if you are not prepared to stand up and be counted, at least respect those that are.

Nah!

Most of the comments on here are based on frustration. There are many very capable people on the island who should stand, hopefully in the future some of them will.

If we don't have a go at these people - who is going to hold them to account?

And by the way my real name is Albert Tatlock.

Hmm, how about Geoff Cannell against Phil Kermode though? I'd pay to watch that, hoping for a double knockout

That would be a bit like being asked to choose whether you died from a heart attack or cancer. Neither option is particularly appealing and yet the end result is the same.

• 2 weeks later...

How do we know whether Geoff was attacking this man. Maybe he was bullying him.

Personally I think it's great he didn't get in (again) this time. When will he get the message?

Hurrah for democracy!

Archived