[BBC News]Football game ends in mass brawl

Newsbot

I bet it's blown up out of all proportion - it'll be a couple of people having a mouth and then a "swing and hold me back please" kind of fight while others gather and act tough whilst not actually doing anything

The only ex MHK and candidate I can think of is Phil Kermode. He's from around the area of one of the teams isn't he?

I thought he had been banned from being a ref.

he had by the manx refs society, i believe he is now registered via the cheshire fa.

from what i've heard from a couple of eyewitnesses, it wasn't the brawl the police were called for, it was comments made between 2 individuals

The only ex MHK and candidate I can think of is Phil Kermode. He's from around the area of one of the teams isn't he?

he had by the manx refs society, i believe he is now registered via the cheshire fa.

from what i've heard from a couple of eyewitnesses, it wasn't the brawl the police were called for, it was comments made between 2 individuals

From Philkermode.com "currently a county football referee for the I.O.M. football association".

Yeah I heard almost the same.

You wonder what the thought process was in appointing him to this match. Now I'm sure that Mr. K. never gave a moment's thought to the fact that he is looking to represent the constituency of one of the teams involved, but you can be sure that their opponents were going to draw an unkind inference whenever a decision went against them. Can't believe he agreed to take this game.

Yeah I heard almost the same.

You wonder what the thought process was in appointing him to this match. Now I'm sure that Mr. K. never gave a moment's thought to the fact that he is looking to represent the constituency of one of the teams involved, but you can be sure that their opponents were going to draw an unkind inference whenever a decision went against them. Can't believe he agreed to take this game.

he wasn't down to do it

http://iomreferees.intheteam.com/modules/p...2173&pmid=0

it looks like he wasn't down to do any game. he just happened to be there with his kit in his car

there was 1 comment i've heard he made that if said (even tongue in cheek) he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself

The person in question was actually running the line (or assistant ref as they like to be known). He flagged for a pen, which may have inflamed the situation somewhat, but in the opinion of many that were there, he was spot on.

Anyone involved with the local game knows that Rushen have a reputation for having a small core of 'fans' who have barely evolved form the knuckle dragging stage of Darwinian evolution. These are middle aged men by the way, not un-hugged hoodies with nowt better to do.

They are all mouth and decided to try and dish some flak out to the opposition players as they left the pitch. I believe that there was an accidental clash of heads / faces as one of the goons squared up to a player walking off.

Archived