Election Results

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was slightly content untill Onchan came up.

I voted to keep Earnshaw out, as he's done sod all so far and is one off Tricky Dicky's lackey's and Quirk is a muppet. Not good for Onchan in my view. :(

I did vote for Steve Babb, try again m8, i think you deserve a chance to prove.

A popular guy but unfortunately not the best of speakers.

A puppet for other people you might say. :rolleyes:

Please explain?

Do you really believe that he comes up with all those questions/conspiracies/ideas on his own. He's like every other politician with people behind the scene pushing him in certain directions.

When you meet him and talk to him it's quite clear that he knows very little about a lot of the stuff he raises in Keys.

Well ... lowest number of votes to get a seat 573 for Graham Cregeen in Malew & Santon

14 unsuccessful candidates recieved more than 573 votes.

The most votes given to an unsuccessful canditade: Leonard Singer 1621

Lowest percentage of the vote to get a seat: Quintin Gill 16%.

Highest percentage of the vote to get a seat: David Cannan 76%.

Highest percentage of the vote to not get a seat: Geoffrey Boot 41%

Lowest percentage vote: Frank Schuengel 5% (sorry Amedeus!)

Lowest absolute vote: Carol Jempson 189 (7%)

Lowest percentage of the vote to get a seat: Quintin Gill 16%.

But that's out of a maximum of 33%.

Average not maximum.

You are right though I should do a comparison who got the largest percentage above average in a constituency.

Please explain?

Do you really believe that he comes up with all those questions/conspiracies/ideas on his own. He's like every other politician with people behind the scene pushing him in certain directions.

When you meet him and talk to him it's quite clear that he knows very little about a lot of the stuff he raises in Keys.

PK is popular, animated and keen...but not the right person to meet high power delegations such as the yanks, UK government ministers etc. IMO, he does not give a good impression at that level.

Some pundits are suggesting that it might be Steve Rodan, personally I think it should be a Manxman i.e. John Shimmin who is a good speaker - and who thinks carefully before he speaks. Rodan might have got a good election result, but you have to take into account that he actually had little opposition.

And the old chestnutt is tossed up again about Peter Karran, maybe someone might agree that its better to have an honest man as leader of a country who knowing his limitations would take good advice, rather than a Corkill who needs no description other than the one he has made for himself.

Peter Karran has acheived a lot for the people of the Isle of Man and his actions in the service of the people have prompted the electorate to take good stock and rid its self of some of its dead weight out of the House of Keys, the shame is more were not weeded out, but its a beginning.

Good luck and good fortune to the Isle of Man may it chose its next Cheif Minister with more judgment than it did its last.

Please explain?

Maybe he doesn't come up with all of the 'ideas' on his own, but at least he does have the bravery to bring 'uncomfortable' things up that other politicians would run a mile from/hide under the carpet, for that at least he should be awarded highly for his bollocks to actually question some of the shite we have been subjected to over the past term of government.

I would be more than happy to have him as CM (with some help from his friends), for his perceived honesty, over and above his perceived intelligence.

Archived