Election Results

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be more than happy to have him as CM (with some help from his friends), for his perceived honesty, over and above his perceived intelligence.

Totally agree with Matty

Lowest percentage of the vote to get a seat: Quintin Gill 16%.

But that's out of a maximum of 33%.

Average not maximum.

You are right though I should do a comparison who got the largest percentage above average in a constituency.

No maximum (assuming everyone cast three votes) if everyone voted for one candidate that guy would get 33%.

I reckon bell wants the chief ministers job.

Please noooooooo.........

He's part of the same 'school' as Corkhill (they tried so hard to look after each other), don't forget he was censured over the Mount Murray scandal (Corkhill backing Bell to the hilt - ooh er), and Bell doing his best to back Corkill over his , er his wife's 'scandal'?

Please, please, please, remove this self perpetuating, self serving 'scum' from the Island, so we might at least try and 'undbrand' ourselves from the 'corrupt' tax haven that the rest of the planet seems to see us as!

PK is popular, animated and keen...but not the right person to meet high power delegations such as the yanks, UK government ministers etc. IMO, he does not give a good impression at that level.

I agree Albert, but most, if not all the people who voted for him wouldn't want him to or expect him to be good at it.

Peter always has and still does, give a link from the common person to the hierachy of Tynwald. We want him to stay home and stop the rats taking over the barn. He has a tendency to ask what the public want to ask and challanges what the public think is wrong.

Whether he gets anywhere with it is different, imo, he's still pissing into the wind against the system.

I'll not ague with you Albert. I respect your views very highly, please respect mine. :)

Please noooooooo.........

He's part of the same 'school' as Corkhill (they tried so hard to look after each other), don't forget he was censured over the Mount Murray scandal (Corkhill backing Bell to the hilt - ooh er), and Bell doing his best to back Corkill over his , er his wife's 'scandal'?

Please, please, please, remove this self perpetuating, self serving 'scum' from the Island, so we might at least try and 'undbrand' ourselves from the 'corrupt' tax haven that the rest of the planet seems to see us as!

I know all that Matty it's just the rest of the electorate have very short memories.

Once again, 1,768 fuckwits in Ramsey failed to share your views.

As AT would say: democracy good dumbocracy bad! - amen to that brother!

No maximum (assuming everyone cast three votes) if everyone voted for one candidate that guy would get 33%.

On that basis 49% of people who voted, voted for him.

A more acurate way would be to use votes scored divided by number of people who voted, but I can't find that figure.

PK is popular, animated and keen...but not the right person to meet high power delegations such as the yanks, UK government ministers etc. IMO, he does not give a good impression at that level.

I agree Albert, but most, if not all the people who voted for him wouldn't want him to or expect him to be good at it.

Peter always has and still does, give a link from the common person to the hierachy of Tynwald. We want him to stay home and stop the rats taking over the barn. He has a tendency to ask what the public want to ask and challanges what the public think is wrong.

Whether he gets anywhere with it is different, imo, he's still pissing into the wind against the system.

I'll not ague with you Albert. I respect your views very highly, please respect mine. :)

Don't get me wrong...I am not knocking the bloke at all, and I agree with most of what he is trying to achieve. But unfortunately it's what impression and how you communicate that is very important in these off-island meetings. The new chief minister will ignore PK's abilities at his peril.

Don't get me wrong...I am not knocking the bloke at all, and I agree with most of what he is trying to achieve. But unfortunately it's what impression and how you communicate that is very important in these off-island meetings. The new chief minister will ignore PK's abilities at his peril.

Surely he couldn't do any worse than Bell, Corkhill, Lowey, Kermode, Gelling on the 'international' stage have done in the past????

- I mean the 'Don' is a very photogenic farmer, but he's never come across as anything else?

I believe Peter to be a sincere guy.

But we have a number of sharp and unelected Chief Executives who run Ministries and would run rings around him.

Peter is great in opposition, but I believe that he would be a disaster as CM. If he wants to try his hand, he should start with something like DOLGE, and see how he gets on, before he attempts to take on the big job,

Archived