Election Results

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seconded.

So now its down to elect Chief Minister time.

All 4 candidates got in Rodan, Shimmin, Bell and Brown.

If Brown becomes Chief Minister I'm emigrating - seriously! In my opinion, the man has the intellectual capacity of a retarded toilet brush.

Could not agree with you more. Not only that, he also polarizes issues and is more interested in newspaper headlines than solving the problems.

Not even a ciggie break???? Surely you could have done something under the Human Rights Act or whatever??!!

I was close to mentioning that - you couldn't even nip to the toilet for a schoolboy style ciggie - something needs to be changed there for the next time, that's for sure :)

If Brown becomes Chief Minister I'm emigrating - seriously!

Bavaria is nice during the winter - Let me know if you need any German lessons :)

Thanks very much for this site (and Manx Radio,iomelections) we find them very useful be relative newcomners We went to two requirement meetings in Rushen and got to know the candidates better.

This site was particularly good last night as we had the radio (MAnx) on during the evening and watched the comments come up - it was a good laugh but still very interesting. We only got one of our choice in though and felt perhaps we weren't right to vote at this one, but we made every effort to understand what it is about, even went to Tynwald meeting once when it was on (a bit slow but we got to see it in real life so to speak).

The only down side was at the poll. The supporters didn't hassle us and I yhink were there to genuinely help people althoiugh obviously wanted votes,

However, the clerk at the desk and his woman assisatnt had obviously had a long day and tyhey looked like they had been rowing judging by the faces, and he sat there as if he had a broom up his behind, if you'll excuse the language. He was also very short with a lady who was obviously struggling but proud to do the duty of voting but he just bullied her and snapped when she needed her glasses or something. I saw it and was very disgusted.

I felt for Rimington as he is quite a knowledgeable chap judging from the meetings we went to and from what everyone said.

Apart from the needless performance by the clerk at the poll desk the whole election and its atmosphere were very commendable. .

I felt for Rimington as he is quite a knowledgeable chap judging from the meetings we went to and from what everyone said.

I must say not voting for him was the hardest choice I've made in an election. He was honest, hard working and did his best. Hard to believe that given some of the chancers that made up the last government he's the one to go.

The manx legal profession at its finest performing almost pro bono public duties.

How much were all the returning officers paid for yesterdays elections, and how much were the petty minions also paid?

I will try and find out, but I can assure you it isn't much for the time involved.

You mean you get paid!! Perhaps some of you (if you don't already)could give the money to a worthwhile charity as a service to the Isle of Man.

Having said this the Returning Officer in Douglas South where I attended the count worked really hard.

Nice one Amadeus, good luck for next time :)

And there will be a next time. Amadeus did very well. He was up against some of the most experienced politicians. He isn't Manx. He has no family ties yet he polled a reasonable number of votes.

Mr Cretney was so impressed that he invited Amadeus to his post-election celebrations! Thank you David.

Next CM?

Eddie Teare. Was given the shoite to sort out and since then has had his head down and butt up trying to sort it out. He seems to be trying to sort it out and for the best of the Island as well, that's a first.

Lot's of knowledge and knows how to use it.

He get's my vote. ( If i had one that is ) :D

I was quite appalled by the negative comments from Snaipyr on Frank's efforts. As was said above, he is new to the Island, but by putting in the effort he has over the last few months in his campaign he has shown he cares deeply about his new home; more than alot of 'Manxies' who haven't bothered to stand to put right what they perceive is wrong in Manx politics.

He had the bottle to stand and that should put quite a few of the whingers to shame in my book!

As for CM, I would go with John Shimmin.

Well done Amadeus

Archived