Manx Police Investigated

Bill Posters

Do you have confidence in the Manx Police?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to think the police were all in it for the wrong reasons (power trip, ego maniacs etc) until a few people I knew joined the force and I found out that a few other guys who I knew through cycling were already officers.

One of the guys in particular is there for the right reasons such as helping the community, making a difference etc. Kinda made me re-think what I thought about the force as a whole.

Sure there will be some arseholes and (or) idiots but then there are in any walk of life.

I voted "Other". I think trust of the police force is primarily based on one-to-one experience with them, be that of someone in need or someone on “the receiving end”. I don't find myself frequently enough in either position, (probably a good thing!) so my opinion of the police is reasonably high. The high profile investigations don't seem to affect the grass roots policing that much, but maybe I'm just not involved enough in it to see the difference.

Archived