Bad News For Motorists..

Amadeus

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the 09:00 news and this thread was mentioned. A woman (missed her name) was on saying how damaging the anti-global warming threads were, and that they and their scientists are paid for by the fossil burning industries, rather than the pro global warming scientists who are paid for by the governments who want to tax everyone so much.

To this lady:

In earlier posts I stated that I agree that global warming is happening. I don't deny it. I also agree that "greenhouse gases" produced by emissions from central heating, cars etc. add to this.

Now a challenge for you. Show me the proof or in fact any credible evidence that cutting our emission of "green house gases" will stop global warming.

I heard the 09:00 news and this thread was mentioned. A woman (missed her name) was on saying how damaging the anti-global warming threads were, and that they and their scientists are paid for by the fossil burning industries, rather than the pro global warming scientists who are paid for by the governments who want to tax everyone so much.

To this lady:

In earlier posts I stated that I agree that global warming is happening. I don't deny it. I also agree that "greenhouse gases" produced by emissions from central heating, cars etc. add to this.

Now a challenge for you. Show me the proof or in fact any credible evidence that cutting our emission of "green house gases" will stop global warming.

Was MF specifically mentioned? I thought she was referring to this

Manx Radio News Link

Was MF specifically mentioned? I thought she was referring to this

Manx Radio News Link

From Manx Radio:

Environmental campaigners in the Isle of Man have dismissed claims that the Green lobby has massively exaggerated the threat from global warming.

A website posted on a local internet forum debunks what it calls ten myths and scare stories about climate change.

The anti-Green arguments can be found on the Association of British Drivers' website - which wouldn't be expected to oppose the burning of fossil fuels.

But it quotes many credible sources - including respected scientists - who challenge the evidence for global warming.

Cheryl Cousins (pictured) from the One World Centre says the site is peddling nonsense.

She says climate change is now an established reality:

MF was not mentioned by name but this is the only current thread I know of where links to the 10 myths have been posted.

one of the group on MR yesterday talking about GW, energy efficiency etc. came out with the suggestion that instead of using an outside light on the front door we should use a torch to find the keyhole, imagine struggling with all the shopping, kids and dogs and fiddling with a torch and key

are we going back into the 'dark ages' for heavens sake !

and also suggested of having a compost bin or wormery in a flat with no garden ! - I wonder what environmental health would say about that ? (and the fire brigade when an outside compost heap set fire to a nearby building recently)

what little gems will they come up with next ? they are on a different planet, no wonder they are referred to as 'tree huggers'.

There' are billions of ways that governments and industry can cut down on emissions and waste which would mask everything done by individuals, like turning down the thermostat in government buildings where all the people in short sleeved shirts spend their days in the hothouse, and turn the lights and computers off when they leave at night !

must go collect some sticks and sharpen my flint so I can light the fire tonight ;)

There' are billions of ways that governments and industry can cut down on emissions and waste which would mask everything done by individuals, like turning down the thermostat in government buildings where all the people in short sleeved shirts spend their days in the hothouse, and turn the lights and computers off when they leave at night !

For the last few weeks the lights have been burning late into the night in Govt offices. I think Eddie Teare must be in there working on his own. :D

I'd prefer not to incriminate myself anyone

Hehe, there are certain times of the day when one can be pretty sure Mr Plod will not be in attendance, and at such times, one could, if one chose to, appreciate the increased velocity with which it is possible to travel around the new Brandish Corner with relatively little fear of unwelcome bacon-flavoured intrusion.

Oh dear. It's comments like these which make speed cameras seem like a good idea after all.

The new "improved and safer" Brandish corner suffers from a nonsensical 20/40 limit, despite all the major work having been finished. I don't see that there's any danger involved in doing 60 round there at 7am on a Sunday morning.

I think you'll find the 20mph limit is temporary until all the works are finished.

No doubt in the interests of balance and to demonstrate that he isn't in fact using Manx Radio as a vehicle (no pun etc) to support his own agenda to drive fast in big cars, Petrolhead Peters will waste some taxpayers money doing a feature on off-Island websites that show the link between CO2 and global warming if I start a thread in three months time saying there is a link.

He makes great play when posting on here of the fact that his views aren't those of MR, yet seems happy enough to uses threads which he agrees with from here to set the 'news' agenda for MR.

No doubt in the interests of balance and to demonstrate that he isn't in fact using Manx Radio as a vehicle (no pun etc) to support his own agenda to drive fast in big cars, Petrolhead Peters will waste some taxpayers money doing a feature on off-Island websites that show the link between CO2 and global warming if I start a thread in three months time saying there is a link.

He makes great play when posting on here of the fact that his views aren't those of MR, yet seems happy enough to uses threads which he agrees with from here to set the 'news' agenda for MR.

It's a shame they can't get someone with a few brain cells to rub together when they run articles like that. For me this was a low point for Mandate, it can only get better from now on.

Archived