Bad News For Motorists..

Amadeus

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well back on the original topic it looks like there may be some truth to the rumour

Manx Radio

Cool. Gotta love democracy.

"Do you want a National speed limit people of the IOM?"

"NO!"

"Anyway about this National Speed limit guys, reckon we should impose it?"

But the thing is that there is no story to the actual story, its typical lazy Manx journalism. You could equally say that the new DAFF minister could look at plant daffodils all over the Island, there's no evidence to back up the report.

It's a non story all right, except bloke from DoT is very serious.

Now we have had the election and no one has mentioned "the all Island speed limit" at any of the meetings and I haven't seen it in any manifestos - so no promises to break.

Some of our politicians can now bring in their favourite hobby horse.

John Shimmin (for it is he) has always been a big shouter for the All Island Speed Limit. When he takes over the reigns you can be assure he shall ressurect it again and soon. With all his ministers and members of departments behind him, he will not fail this time.

Forget democracy - you had that last week for about 12 hours. You have your next chance in 5 years.

Ya suckers

Well back on the original topic it looks like there may be some truth to the rumour

Manx Radio

A bloody big demo and parade is needed next time!!! Now we know which civil servants are abusing democracy. Sack em I say!

We are on route to becoming a county of England...hNannay knows best - my arse!

*Enter Frank Schuengal and the group SID*

If anyone can do it Frank and the gang can :)

Preparations are already under way - this time round, we'll better be ready before it starts...

I'm still hoping the whole thing will pass us by, depending on who the new transport minister will be, but it's a small hope...

I'd just like to say I like Stu's manifesto and tbh it looks sensible which is probably why it will not get used lol.

On a serious note - the CO2 / Tax thing I can under stand. Every where in the world needs to consider this issue and cars are a big contributer... ( I won't go in to the fact that there should be alternitives by now )... any way tax should be based on the CO2 out put and not what type of car you have. For example in London if you have have a duel fuel or alternitive car you dont pay to enter the town etc.

Re the speed limit - no to the Island all speed limit... why - ( and this goes for any where again ) - you first need to look at the road system, is it correct - is it quality ( ie the lack of pot holes ) then you need to look at driver ability. I personally advocate the improving of standards because there are some right nutters out there who have been though the same tests as you and I - why ?

If you improve those two aspects then in thery you should not need a speed limit in the majority of areas.... and if your talking about the MT road whats wrong with a vairable limit depending on the conditions ?

Terran

Archived