We Told You So!

Billy One Mate

I wouldn't say otherwise Billy. The fact that we have not gone down the path of 'modern' apprenticeships should hopefully maintain our high skill level amongst the industry.

The significant support of Govt in this area should be applauded.

It does however, wind me up when some members of the industry (and the odd poster on here) expect their business served up to them on a Govt plate.

The successfull businesses have adapted to put themselves in the frame for the 'big' jobs, and also don't hedge all of their bets on Govt contracts, they evolve and get into other areas which help provide themselves with a sustainable business.

Hopefully, the report will have some effect, cos it definitely needs looking at. However, the construdtion industry is substantially dependant on Govt, so it shouldn't scream too much.

Passenger figures are down on the boats, this means that due to less projects running now there is a knock on effect.

Lots of the workers would travel back and forth on the weekends because most were from the northwest.

The more the island can keep the money on island the better in my book.

Will the past teach the future i will not hold my breathe

The fact that we have not gone down the path of 'modern' apprenticeships should hopefully maintain our high skill level amongst the industry.

I agree and the rest of your post is spot on Manxman.

I think you have also touched on a major problem that the Industry has ie it is seen as containing a lot of whingers and moaners steeped in self interest. This perception needs to be addressed.

Archived