Question On Elections - Can Anyone Answer?

Higgy

Can an organisation like the I.O.M Post Office be seen to be biased towards a particular candidate during election time? A little bird told me that the candidates wife runs the sub post office in question. I didn't think this practice was allowed :huh:

Sorry how is it alleged the Post Office Authority is showing bias?

I was under the impression that the sub post office building was owned by the IOM Post Office and for this kind of organisation to be seen as to promote a particular candidate was rather naughty. Doesn't the government have something to do with the post office anyway?

The Post Office only owns crown post ofices.

I think the only one is Douglas, Ramsey used to be one. I presume we are discussing Crosby Terrace.

Sub post masters are self employed shop keepers who are paid a fee plus a commision for transacting post offoice business in their own shop premises in which they can sell all sorts of other things

So, if what you are complaining off is that a sub post office has material supporting a candidate on display then that is up to the owner, not the post office

I don't suppose nice Mr Houghton did any dfifferent when he stood in Wilaston originally, but he then stopped being sub post master, not sure if he still has the shop and post ioffice and employs someone to run it

I think it is the fact that every window of the Post Office has posters on. I suppose if you are going in to pick up your pension or pay your TV licence you don't expect to see that Post Office shouting for a particular candidate.

Probably nought wrong with it, except it might indicate a degree of desperation on the part of the candidate?

I think it is the fact that every window of the Post Office has posters on. I suppose if you are going in to pick up your pension or pay your TV licence you don't expect to see that Post Office shouting for a particular candidate.

Probably nought wrong with it, except it might indicate a degree of desperation on the part of the candidate?

I was talking about the post office on windsor road and yes the posters are promoting Braidwood :angry:

I was talking about the post office on windsor road and yes the posters are promoting Braidwood :angry:

Get out and vote

Good to see that you use Manx Post

Archived