Postal Votes

ccm

Having searched on the Government site, the Manx Radio site and the Energy site I can't find out how I can make a postal vote. I have to fly off the Island tomorrow a.m. and won't be back for a few days.

Anyone know how I can make a postal vote at this stage

Ta

Having searched on the Government site, the Manx Radio site and the Energy site I can't find out how I can make a postal vote. I have to fly off the Island tomorrow a.m. and won't be back for a few days.

Ta

I think you are too late.

According to the Application to be treated as a absent voter form you have to submit your application 3 clear days before the election.

I would suggest contacting the Retruning Office for your area, details of which are here.

Ta

I think you are too late.

According to the Application to be treated as a absent voter form you have to submit your application 3 clear days before the election.

I would suggest contacting the Retruning Office for your area, details of which are here.

Thanks for your quick response.

If that's the case about three days then I'm well peed off, as I've just found out I have to travel away

But there have to be time limits. Otherwise candidates would announce on the day, voters would register on the day and mean there were no up to dtae lists etc etc

You have to lodge the application 3 clear days before so that on day one it can be processed and posted to you on the Island, on day two you receive it and vote in front of an appropraite witness and psot back day three so the Returning Officer receives it and can include it at the count.

Sorry you can't vote.

Whose fault is it. The system or whoever is making you go away. Do you have a choice, in other words are you able to weigh up the comparative importance of the trip away and voting. Employers are supposed to make allowances to allow employees to vote.

But there have to be time limits. Otherwise candidates would announce on the day, voters would register on the day and mean there were no up to dtae lists etc etc

You have to lodge the application 3 clear days before so that on day one it can be processed and posted to you on the Island, on day two you receive it and vote in front of an appropraite witness and psot back day three so the Returning Officer receives it and can include it at the count.

Sorry you can't vote.

Whose fault is it. The system or whoever is making you go away. Do you have a choice, in other words are you able to weigh up the comparative importance of the trip away and voting. Employers are supposed to make allowances to allow employees to vote.

The job has to be done I'm afraid.

Bring on online voting!

Archived