Lest We Forget...

Mission

There's an incredible amount of topics here and in general chat concerning the forthcoming election tomorrow. It really does seem to have captured the attention of many but before you cast your votes, just remember all that has happened over the last five years on this island:-

Mount Murray

MEA

IRIS

Wedding Cake

The Roads

Ramsey Cottage Hospital

Ballacain

etc., etc.,

There are some real chances for change here, either by tactical voting or simply by giving the 'new blood' a chance.

Think about it carefully in the polling booths tomorrow - you'll be stuck with what you get for the next 5 years.

There's an incredible amount of topics here and in general chat concerning the forthcoming election tomorrow. It really does seem to have captured the attention of many but before you cast your votes, just remember all that has happened over the last five years on this island:-

Mount Murray

MEA

IRIS

Wedding Cake

The Roads

Ramsey Cottage Hospital

Ballacain

etc., etc.,

There are some real chances for change here, either by tactical voting or simply by giving the 'new blood' a chance.

Think about it carefully in the polling booths tomorrow - you'll be stuck with what you get for the next 5 years.

But remember that you will still have the same civil servants!

Don't blame all sitting MHKs for the all the perceived failings of the last government .

Mount Murray

MEA

IRIS

Wedding Cake

The Roads

Ramsey Cottage Hospital

Ballacain

etc., etc.,

Also think carefully that Mount Murray, MEA, Iris, Hospital, Incinerator, all the 'scandals' actually had their genesis before the current 2001-2006 parliament. So you can hardly blame those elected in 2001 or in later by-elections for those messes.

That's about eight or nine members slightly off the hook Look to the old guard for real blame.

The 'new' guard was there though.

If Peter Karran can ask questions, why couldn't some of the now-not-so-new kids on the block.

I hope the new administration has the resolve to clean up the Isle of Man too.

Please don't make excuses for their ineptitude.

Not excuses - I would only let them "slightly off the hook"

You're quite right, they still had the chance to challenge and question, - just pointing out that they didn't actually cause the initial problems.

Maybe they might not as you say "cause the initial problems", but hoping it will slide under the carpet unnoticed & hope it will go away before anyone finds out, is about as bad as being a cause of the problems!

- Hang 'em by the bollox!!

There's a few names you could put to Mission's list, that I certainly would not vote for!

If Peter Karran can ask questions.....

Don't get me wrong I think Peter has his place but wouldn't it be nice if he came up with some solutions as well. It's very easy to be critical but much harder to be positive and make a difference.

Peter Karran does come up with solutions occasionally and they are utter bollox.

The only solution is that Ministers stop being puppets and wield the power we have vested in them. We have trusted them to run the country properly and all that has happened is people have been dipping into the till big time.

New Hospital and MEA will do for now by way of illustration.

Don't get me wrong I think Peter has his place but wouldn't it be nice if he came up with some solutions as well. It's very easy to be critical but much harder to be positive and make a difference.

Peter Karran does come up with solutions occasionally and they are utter bollox.

The only solution is that Ministers stop being puppets and wield the power we have vested in them. We have trusted them to run the country properly and all that has happened is people have been dipping into the till big time.

Peter might not be the best speaker, or come up with solutions, but one thing he does very well, is to point out when things are not running properly and when people are 'dipping into the till', at least having someone doing this in government and not providing alternative solutions IMHO is far better than someone ignoring the problems.

Peter might not be the best speaker, or come up with solutions, but one thing he does very well, is to point out when things are not running properly and when people are 'dipping into the till', at least having someone doing this in government and not providing alternative solutions IMHO is far better than someone ignoring the problems.

I agree matty, I didn't mean to derogate Peter Karran out of hand. I just don't agree with some of the solutions.

I would say he is the most effective and necessary person in Tynwald.

Fortunately, Onchan has another two members to represent them also. I would definitely vote for Peter Karran if I lived in Onchan.

I think it was a phrase coined by Rog that said something like:

"Anyone who does not vote for Peter Karran has to ask themselves why not?"

Archived