Good Luck

Ushtey

To all the candidates who openly post on here, good luck.

To most of the sitting members who read these pages (anonymously or otherwise), good luck to you as well, not just in getting elected, but in getting it right for the next five years. It's going to be a very difficult job for those who are fortunate enough to be selected tomorrow. I for one am hoping we see an improvement.

To everyone else, please use your vote, no matter who you support, at least by voting you'll be helping to choose a majority Government not a minority one.

Steve

p.s. feel free to offer coffee and biscuits to the candidates you see stood in the wind and rain all day tomorrow. Oh, and ignore the entry pollers.

**edited to change exit to entry pollers **

To all the candidates who openly post on here, good luck.

To most of the sitting members who read these pages (anonymously or otherwise), good luck to you as well, not just in getting elected, but in getting it right for the next five years. It's going to be a very difficult job for those who are fortunate enough to be selected tomorrow. I for one am hoping we see an improvement.

To everyone else, please use your vote, no matter who you support, at least by voting you'll be helping to choose a majority Government not a minority one.

Steve

p.s. feel free to offer coffee and biscuits to the candidates you see stood in the wind and rain all day tomorrow. Oh, and ignore the exit pollers.

Hello - Roy McMillan at Manx Radio here. We're carrying out 6 exit polls at various constituencies, and I was a bit conceerned by Steve's last comment. So I've just spoken to him, and I'm happy to report that his concerns were NOT for the 6th formers carrying out our exit polls - indeed, he praised them for their work and their commitment.

What he was concerned about were the tellers. Theese are colleagues of the candidates who try and guage the support of their friend amongst the voting public. Manx Radio's exit pollsters have been told specifically to try and avoid any association with them, since our poll has to be as objective as possible. Our pollsters have also been instructed not to approach anyone before they vote - again, to prevent any suggestion of affecting people's voting intentions.

As far as we're concerned, you are under no obligation to say anything to our pollsters at all. But I'm pleased to say that they are doing their job diligently, appropriately and effectively - and Steve Babb thinks so too!

Thanks,

Roy

Just to clarify, I made my earlier remarks about exit pollers before I realised the 6th Formers were performing exit polls. It was directed at the candidates who are blocking the entrances and jumping in front of people desperate for their polling numbers and to have a final say before people vote.

Good luck to those 6th formers I saw at 8am this morning, getting cold with the rest of us!

Archived