[BBC News]Town's twinning partnership

Newsbot

Has anyone ever made up a more blatant excuse for a free piss-up?

Manx Radios current jolly to Australia comes to mind. I thought MR was a local radio station.

They will be begging for more handouts from government again soon.

Yes, its all down to Steven and Dot Pitts, they are the ones who wanted to twin with Ballymoney. And while they are here they will be wined and dined at the expense of Douglas Corporation. Strange how they seem to be away alot and can't do their deputy job, but when the Ballymoney people come over they make sure they can attend.

That will be another extremely large bill for Douglas Corporation, mind you it might come out of the Mayors expense. But, hey the Mayor and the Pitts are good drinking buddies anyway !!

Manx Radios current jolly to Australia comes to mind. I thought MR was a local radio station.

They will be begging for more handouts from government again soon.

Total waste of money

Yes, its all down to Steven and Dot Pitts, they are the ones who wanted to twin with Ballymoney. And while they are here they will be wined and dined at the expense of Douglas Corporation. Strange how they seem to be away alot and can't do their deputy job, but when the Ballymoney people come over they make sure they can attend.

That will be another extremely large bill for Douglas Corporation, mind you it might come out of the Mayors expense. But, hey the Mayor and the Pitts are good drinking buddies anyway !!

How true, but you forgot to add in Bill Kennedy and David Cretney, the amount of times ive seen that gang pissed up in the Railway Bar Ballamoney :lol:

Why have they wasted money doing this anyway? Who's going to benefit?

I will tell you who will benefit.....half of Douglas Town Council i.e Pitts, Quirk, McNichol, Christian, Ramsey

There is a Policy and Resources meeting today, the Ballymoney people are in the Mayors parlour for drinks and nibbles and later they will all be in the Outback or the Rovers pissed as farts

If you require any further information get yourself down to one of the above establishments later this evening!!

Who came up with the strange idea of town twinning? Town twinning just seems to be little more than the road sign stating its existence. I do know it's more but how much is it worth the bother? I do remember watching one movie and hearing one politician refer to the allocation of town twinning duties to any self-respecting civil servant as a coup de grace to one's career. Though this is the Isle of Man and no doubt Branding Isle of Man comes into it. What is Peel twinned with? San Francisco?

Archived