Calling All And Sundry!

MrsTrellisfromNorthWales

JULIE CORKILL ORDERED TO PAY TRIAL COSTS

JULIE Corkill has been ordered to pay £22,500 in costs following her fraud trial.

Mrs Corkill, 52, was earlier this month fined £10,000 after being convicted of three counts of false accounting and one of obtaining a £47,000 tourism grant by deception.

Returning to court today, the wife of former chief minister Richard Corkill was ordered by High Bailiff Michael Moyle to pay prosecution costs of £22,500.

He added that whatever figure he set, he expected to be criticised 'by all and sundry'.

The Crown had applied for her to pay £64,000 in costs but the defence argued that the Crown should pay its costs for the two charges for which she was acquitted.

The charges relate to a tourism develelopment carried out at the Corkill's Ballacain Home in Onchan.

Edited to say that I can spell development and know where the apostrophe should be in the last sentence. Copy and paste from IoM Today.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you sure this is true.

No mention at 5pm on the "National radio station"

Silly me, what do we expect. They are to busy slapping themselves on the back after their magnificent election coverage.

And getting away with wasting our money on a jolly to Oz for Chrissy and Alice.

Dont you think the Mods have had enough to do dealing with my postings. Mr Moyle went ballistic in court this morning over some issues, and he can sure give a kick up the ass. He instructed the media not to report what he said, and Im not going to either. I would advise that we leave Mr Moyle out of any topic for the time being, forums have a habit of going missing.

The crown? thats the government isnt it? Oh and its gets its money from? Oh yes, you and I in taxes (I'm sure they get money from other places too but I see 10% of may wages going to them each week, SB tax code coz the boss earns more than me :)), so not only has this performance cost us loads in the initial swindle, now we are having to pay legal costs too. You know if I think about the ever decreasing circles I see here for too long I think I may go bananas.

It's a copy paste from a media news website. There's no problem.

The article also doesn't mention anything about anyone going ballistic or asking media not to report so I would suggest that if you feel it more appropriate that this information stays off this forum, you quit posting it on here. You've already posted about it twice, how about you just shut up if you think it's going to cause problems... unless that's what your intention is in which case you should just quit posting alltogether.

It's a copy paste from a media news website. There's no problem.

The article also doesn't mention anything about anyone going ballistic or asking media not to report so I would suggest that if you feel it more appropriate that this information stays off this forum, you quit posting it on here. You've already posted about it twice, how about you just shut up if you think it's going to cause problems... unless that's what your intention is in which case you should just quit posting alltogether.

Your correct, and I dont care what others post about it now, its over time to move on.

Archived