Richmond Hill

bazcabs

I actually drove past. The ambulance had arrived but no police yet. I could see two paramedics attending an unconsious body that lay diagonally across the Douglas bound lane.

I heard he was hit by a car going the other way! As was said above the news seems to have gone quiet.

I hope that he is recovering well. Best wishes to him.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eventually I got naffed off and got out and walked down the line, where a pickup and a van were sat facing each other. So I started getting cars to back up to a side road, and by this time another bloke had started doing the same, and finally we'd cleared it, well enough to get my car out anyway.

If he was wearing glasses, that other bloke was me!

What socially aware and responsible forum members we are! (plus I didn't want to sit in traffic ALL night!)

If he was wearing glasses, that other bloke was me!

What socially aware and responsible forum members we are! (plus I didn't want to sit in traffic ALL night!)

Heh, nice one. Thing is, one of the cars in the queue was a mate going to the same dinner party I was. He just fooking sat there and watched me!

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it is not looking good for the person who was knocked down.

I know the family personally and my thoughts are with them at this time.

Strange the news coverage has been poor, wonder why?

I suspect you have heard the same rumour I have regarding the identity of the driver. I would think it best not to say anything yet as it may prove to be just that ... a rumour.

Unfortunately it is not looking good for the person who was knocked down.

I know the family personally and my thoughts are with them at this time.

Strange the news coverage has been poor, wonder why?

I suspect you have heard the same rumour I have regarding the identity of the driver. I would think it best not to say anything yet as it may prove to be just that ... a rumour.

You obviously know something I dont!!

There was no suggestion of anything amiss in my post.

No problem I thought you might have been alluding to some reason for the poor press coverage.

I was. I thought it odd as the poor chap has obviously had a terrible time of it - I heard his Mum speak when it happened and it touched my heart as the guy is obviously in a terrible way.

Usually the media would run with this sort of story, and the DOT would use it as justification for some traffic law or other. But it has not happened.

Its odd isn't it?

No problem I thought you might have been alluding to some reason for the poor press coverage.

I was. I thought it odd as the poor chap has obviously had a terrible time of it - I heard his Mum speak when it happened and it touched my heart as the guy is obviously in a terrible way.

Usually the media would run with this sort of story, and the DOT would use it as justification for some traffic law or other. But it has not happened.

Its odd isn't it?

Not really when Hell includes the initials....

Its odd isn't it?

Not really when Hell includes the initials....

I always wonder why people are cryptic in these circumstances. Shows, perhaps, they are in fear of something.

Its just odd, odd, odd isn't it?

Archived