Richmond Hill

bazcabs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some decent lighting wouldn't go amiss there either. They spend £45m on the poxy incinerator and can't even drop a few more street lights onto that stretch of road its pitch black at night.

Agreed. 50 mph being the limit.. nothing wrong with that (and I don't agree with a speed camera) but it is dark which seems to be the main cause of the incident. Until any of us know exactly where the incident happened and how... it will be beyond us all to determine how best to prevent it.

Some decent lighting wouldn't go amiss there either. They spend £45m on the poxy incinerator and can't even drop a few more street lights onto that stretch of road its pitch black at night.

Agreed. 50 mph being the limit.. nothing wrong with that (and I don't agree with a speed camera) but it is dark which seems to be the main cause of the incident. Until any of us know exactly where the incident happened and how... it will be beyond us all to determine how best to prevent it.

not to detract from the seriousness of the accident but as far as i am aware all cars have headlights,

you cannot shout about ' Darkness ' being the cause??? next you lot will want fricken street lights every 50 yards on every stretch of tarmac on this fair Isle and a blanket 25mile an hour speed limit,

if you cant drive in the dark stay the **** off the road or get some 'night' driving glasses.

[not to detract from the seriousness of the accident but as far as i am aware all cars have headlights,

you cannot shout about ' Darkness ' being the cause??? next you lot will want fricken street lights every 50 yards on every stretch of tarmac on this fair Isle and a blanket 25mile an hour speed limit,

if you cant drive in the dark stay the **** off the road or get some 'night' driving glasses.

To be fair that whole stretch of road is very badly lit, Santon is not too bad, and then from Santon Motel through to Ballasalla its just as bad.

I accept people have headlights, but you get shadows, and you have to concentrate three times as hard to keep on the road as its pitch black. Then some arsehole with Zennon bulbs blinds you as the background is so dark.

It isn't the nicest stretch of road to drive at night and a few extra lights would help road saftety considerably.

Who let those Xenon bulbs on the road? Is there a reason they're so annoying, like they haven't been set properly, or is it a big cock up by the manufacturer?

No its just the big cocks with their X5's that want you to notice how bloody cool they are even when its dark.

Hboy

I just wish it had never happened. I can't help but feel it was avoidable, but I don't know why it happened, and I'm sorry if I implied that anyone is to blame. It was a terrible tragedgy, for everyone involved.

I'm not blaming you at all for what you posted (and probably very sensibly took down). Its clearly a very emotive issue and its terrible that the lad is in such a bad way. I still stand by my original post though, I find it very odd that its not really featured in any news report other than an appeal for witnesses.

The Police have again renewed their appeal for witnesses:

Manx Radio - Saturday 16th Dec 06

They have helpfully added that it was a dark coloured car.

"They say there has been a good response from members of the public who saw his small, dark coloured vehicle parked near the entrance to Ballakinnish nurseries at the time of the accident.

However, they now want to speak to anybody who saw the man himself, standing near the parked vehicle"

So... after 3 weeks of taking witness statements about the car... they now want to know if anyone actually saw the [unfortunate] man.

Genius. <_<

The Police have again renewed their appeal for witnesses:

Manx Radio - Saturday 16th Dec 06

They have helpfully added that it was a dark coloured car.

Bloody hell. Its a car and its small and it dark coloured. It'll all be solved in a day now. How could anyone fail to have noticed anything given that blinding description.

Maybe if we hear "small" and "dark coloured" mentioned enough, subliminally we will walk away with the impression that it was hard for anyone else to spot.

Hboy

I just wish it had never happened. I can't help but feel it was avoidable, but I don't know why it happened, and I'm sorry if I implied that anyone is to blame. It was a terrible tragedgy, for everyone involved.

Nothings 'avoidable', you fool, your life’s mapped out. What's going to happen is going to happen.

If I didn’t do this, if I’d left 10 mins earlier, if I’d have gone the other way, if wasn't using the phone while driving, if I wasn’t pissed at the wheel......

These are things people say every day, usually after something’s gone tits up. Very sad for anyone involved in something like this, not forgetting the driver too.

The person who knocked the guy over never set out to do it. If he's at fault the police will charge with the relevant offence, but Northern Light you really are an idiot to come on and spout you'd throw the book at someone and then admit you know none of the facts!

I hope you are never on a jury!

Archived