New Years Eve

TomTucker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always had this dream of starting my own club... one day! Maybe you'll all get lucky some time in the future. Clubs over here generally suck. Not worth the effort of going out! I'll probably be staying in this year again with my wife.

Not the best 'day of the week' for New Years Eve anyhow.

Forget New Years Eve - for a better night out get down to the Bay, Port St Mary on 30th Dec for the Tholton Builders Xmas party! Makes NYE pale into significance (but then Stonechase in ramsey would be good apart from the travelling distance!

This year, however, the excellent Stonechase are at the Brit in Ramsey which is very tempting.

Its going to be a fecking excellent night. I'm really really looking forward to it :D :D :D:D

The recording we did from the last gig there worked out pretty well btw. Listening to it right now !

This year, however, the excellent Stonechase are at the Brit in Ramsey which is very tempting.

Its going to be a fecking excellent night. I'm really really looking forward to it :D :D :D:D

The recording we did from the last gig there worked out pretty well btw. Listening to it right now !

That was a great night.

I thought that small microphone was for a new, rather short, member of the band.

New Year's eve on the island has changed fundamentally in recent years. I believe things have never recovered since millenium year, when most places were shut because they thought they were going to have to pay staff £18 an hour or whatever to work for the night, and the brewery ended up shutting all of the pubs.

It hasn't been the same since. People made alternative plans that year and found that having parties at home with relatives and friends worked - so seem to have stuck to that. Add to that ridiculous pub prices, having to fight to get to the bar to get served, and premium taxi rates (if you can even get one) and you have the recipe to stay at home.

That said, I think there is still a market for a great new years eve out, and if someone came up with a decent event at a decent venue (perhaps even with a couple of coaches put on) they would get a lot of people attending.

Archived