The Headlines Again

Stu Peters

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blah, Blah...

Actually, it would be nice to meet some of you regular posters there anyway!

The next edition of The Headlines Again is being recorded at 7.00 (slightly earlier than usual) on Wednesday in the Trafalgar pub in Douglas; and if you are able to come down and support, there will be beer and laughter and everyone will be happy*.

Stu

This is what we are on about - last night in the Traf..

Oh right, sorry.

It is a series of satirical mock ups reflecting current issues on the island, acted/read out by Manx Radio broadcasters. Very tongue in cheek, at times very near the knuckle, though funny.

Most of it was funny, some of it was very funny.

I wish it could have been longer too. There were a couple of bits that will be edited out for the broadcast...

I'm looking forward to the next one :)(I don't go out much *sobs*)

Zepher, Stu said that he'd been talking to you at the bar, but you weren't to be seen when I looked over.

Observer:> Stu's right - his avatar certainly helps...... well for the purpose of identifying him at least
Heh :P

Loaf:> I was there, for the latter half of it anyway.

Were you in the group stood by the doorway? I was sat 4 foot away, in the bay of the window next to the attractive lady.

:P Heh yourself!!

You're not the first to suggest that I have an ideal face for radio - unfortunately most of the others were wimmin!

The programme airs tomorrow (Friday) lunchtime at around 1240 hrs, and again at around 1405 on Sunday. If any writers out there fancy submitting scripts or ideas for future episodes (and can take the rejection that often follows) send them to:

Roy McMillan

The Headlines Again

MANX RADIO

Broadcasting House

Douglas

IM99 1SW

or email roymcmillan@manxradio.com

The only fee is fame and glory...but I know he's keen to encourage new people. No favouritism - he always rejects my stuff too...

was sat 4 foot away, in the bay of the window next to the attractive lady.

I saw you Rip, although I wouldn't recognise you again. I didn't want to stand in front and spoil your views of the proceedings. Although it was for Radio of course, you can't beat seeing some of the expressions.

Are you sure the attractive lady wasn't the one that gave Mr Peters a lift home in a sports car?

The chap doing Edgar Quine's voice was better than Edgar Quine himself. Same for the Peter Karran skits.

I especially thought the sketch about Tynwald Day managed to accurately portray the vigour and excitement of that very special occasion.

I saw you Rip, although I wouldn't recognise you again
That's ok, if Stu is best suited to the radio, you'll realise why I spend so much time on the Internet :unsure:

I'm sad to admit that I sussed the Kelly's Eye skit within 10 words, but it didn't disapoint :D

I especially thought the sketch about Tynwald Day managed to accurately portray the vigour and excitement of that very special occasion.

Yep

Zepher, Stu said that he'd been talking to you at the bar, but you weren't to be seen when I looked over.
I was just on my home at that time, I'd had a drink and didn't trust myself not to have another and end up stuck in Douglas miles from home.

If you thought last night was good, go to the next showing of the Sulby Fringe

Give us the date there fella

:P Heh yourself!!

You're not the first to suggest that I have an ideal face for radio - unfortunately most of the others were wimmin!

The programme airs tomorrow (Friday) lunchtime at around 1240 hrs, and again at around 1405 on Sunday. If any writers out there fancy submitting scripts or ideas for future episodes (and can take the rejection that often follows) send them to:

Roy McMillan

The Headlines Again

MANX RADIO

Broadcasting House

Douglas

IM99 1SW

or email roymcmillan@manxradio.com

The only fee is fame and glory...but I know he's keen to encourage new people. No favouritism - he always rejects my stuff too...

Is Richie's Stuff the kind of thing they might do? Say like

The Isle of Man Excreta or Inside the Gang of Four.

Shame I can't get Manx Radio at home.

Archived