Friday 22nd December @ breeze

Sundissential breeze

Nick Rafferty

Ricky Rooney

Paul Hughes

Funkissential chill

Grand Theft Audio Live

Alan Stacey

The worlds most outrageous club night arrives on the Isle of Man for a night of pure feel good tunes & atmosphere that is second to none.

See you there!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awe thats ace. Put on your dancing shoes, I wish I was young enough to enjoy these events without feeling like granny in the corner. Ahh I think I might go anyway just look out for the old lady with grey hair, no cheek or I'll smack you with my zimmer frame.

I wouldn't worry about being old, there will be plenty of the old generation at this..

Yeah.. and that's another reason why I stopped going clubbing on this island. That.. and the music. Have to say though, 'older people' are not as bad as the drunken idiots that fill the island dancefloors!! One day, someone will have the willpower to open a real club and ban alcohol. A club that is built for the music! not for the mindless drunks.

Is Sundissential really that good? what type of music do they play now? I'm a bit out dated now. I haven't followed the scene for the last few years.

One last point.... what are you doing with Paul Hughes on the decks???!! STILL? If you bring over a top DJ, why spoil the night before it starts with the likes of Hughes?

PS. How much does it cost? and when do the doors open? also... when do you really expect ppl to start arriving?? when i've been at breeze, it's empty until midnight!!

One day, someone will have the willpower to open a real club and ban alcohol. A club that is built for the music! not for the mindless drunks.

thats the stuff of dreams, would be brilliant to go out without drunken tossers everywhere pourin their pints on the dance floor and how hard could it be to build a nightclub instead of all of the pointless and endless appartments, its the main reason i keep leavin this rock so i can have a good night out at somewhere with a good atmosphere. i must be gettin old rantin on like this ha ha :D

Yes Dj Dan your obviously well outta touch.. Hughes probably playing because he is one of the residents alongside Rooney. Thank god for the pair of them at least they play quality dance music obviously something you have absolutely no idea about.... truth hurts.......

A club is what you make it, yes you could have the spangliest state of the art club, but it would be no good down in the south pole to penguins.

There have been a lot of good nights over the years in the strangest of places. Times change, memories are always better than reality and you start thinking current is crap. A night is what you make it, get involved with the atmosphere and shape your own night.

The grab a granny nights at the cave were absolute bollocks, but i have had some of the most memorable nights in there. Places like jimmy B's are labeled "legendary" but i'm sure a lot of people had shit nights out there too.

Yes Dj Dan your obviously well outta touch.. Hughes probably playing because he is one of the residents alongside Rooney. Thank god for the pair of them at least they play quality dance music obviously something you have absolutely no idea about.... truth hurts.......

Him being a 'resident' doesn't mean he's actually good... or plays decent music.

Also, him being a 'resident' doesn't mean he has to play at the night. Especially since Sundissential have their own DJs. I may be out of touch for the last few years... but that doesn't mean I know nothing about music. Fact is... the club scene on the island is dead and it's pretty obvious why - yet, no club out there seems to be able to figure it out. I been to breeze plenty of times... and it doesn't matter how many times they 'revamp' the place... something is always lacking.

Having been on the island a couple of months back, there is a whole host of talent over where you are and some good brands running. The DJ's we have on that night are there because we feel that they would compliment the tour nicely.

Alan apparently has critics because he has been pigeon-holed with "club classics" so much more to him and the production side of his output is coming on tremendously.

We're quite happy with the selection, wouldn't have done it other-wise.

Anyway for those willing to be entertained, come down and have a laugh. Those set in their ways... have a Merry Christmas doing whatever it is that you do.

Well said and said well. The reason the islands scene is so crap djdan, is because everytime something goes on people not unlike yourself don't go, or if they do, then not support it or even slag it before its even been on. Its such a risk tryin to put somethin on that people have stopped tryin, look at how long its been since the last Funktonic, and that was trying to breath fresh air into the scene.

Funktonic was dead before it started. That's half the problem... people trying to delve into a 'new sound' which was going no where anyway. We all know what happened with 'garage' music... did that last what 2 years? Okay... this is a very different sound to garage, but it's about as dead.

Believe me, i used to support a lot. I used to go 'clubbin' on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night almost every week. That's more than most. How can I do that? because I don't drink any alcohol.. not a drop. 1. That means i'm able and ready to go the next night... 2. That means I've got a pretty good idea what happened the night before.. which basically means I know if it was a good night or not. Not as the drunks who haven't a clue. It's only now that I'm married that I haven't been out all that much... but everytime I've been out... it's been crap. Kinda off-putting I must say!!

Archived