Sundissential Come To The Isle Of Man

sundissential

I think the main thing is that people are scared of change, thats why you go out every weekend and here the same music over and over again because its 'safe'

The thing with funky house is that its not a million miles away from the kind of cheesy stuff they play in colours and the like on a saturday night thats why it is the safer option to play in the clubs over here.

I have got depressed with the nightlife over here, thats why i did my own night.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funktonic was dead before it started. That's half the problem... people trying to delve into a 'new sound' which was going no where anyway. We all know what happened with 'garage' music... did that last what 2 years? Okay... this is a very different sound to garage, but it's about as dead.

Believe me, i used to support a lot. I used to go 'clubbin' on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night almost every week. That's more than most. How can I do that? because I don't drink any alcohol.. not a drop. 1. That means i'm able and ready to go the next night... 2. That means I've got a pretty good idea what happened the night before.. which basically means I know if it was a good night or not. Not as the drunks who haven't a clue. It's only now that I'm married that I haven't been out all that much... but everytime I've been out... it's been crap. Kinda off-putting I must say!!

All genres within dance music have had their so-called 'peaks', look at Trance - 98,99... 'Funky' House - Past couple of years... 'Electro' House - the 'now' sound...

'Garage' may have surfaced as a more 'commerical' sound a number of years ago, but it has always been huge on the 'underground scene'... it now even has its own sub-genres - dub-step, 4x4, 2-step, niche, bassline, grime.

The IOM has always been lacking behind other places on the dance music scene... But there are lots of Manx people who go clubbing across, have access to internet music stations, and listen to the likes of Radio One so its not as if everyone over here is imune to new music...

You blatently don't have a clue, and seem so far riddled up in your own ways... Maybe its because the scene in general (admitedly not on the IOM), and its technology is moving so fast that you have just been left behind.

I think the main thing is that people are scared of change, thats why you go out every weekend and here the same music over and over again because its 'safe'

The thing with funky house is that its not a million miles away from the kind of cheesy stuff they play in colours and the like on a saturday night thats why it is the safer option to play in the clubs over here.

I have got depressed with the nightlife over here, thats why i did my own night.

Funky House in general (and I used to be into it) is quite cheesy... The House you hear now adays though Annette probably isnt 'Funky' House (apart from Colours maybe? lol)

And I thought your night was someones party? lol

I may be out of touch for the last few years... but that doesn't mean I know nothing about music.

We all know what happened with 'garage' music... did that last what 2 years?

There was about a 2 year period in the late nineties during which Woolworth's stocked copies of "Now that's what I call speed garage" because it was a hyped sub-genre by mixmag . But garage has been around for much longer than that, and is certainly not dead.

Funktonic was dead before it started. That's half the problem... people trying to delve into a 'new sound' which was going no where anyway. We all know what happened with 'garage' music... did that last what 2 years? Okay... this is a very different sound to garage, but it's about as dead.

Believe me, i used to support a lot. I used to go 'clubbin' on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night almost every week. That's more than most. How can I do that? because I don't drink any alcohol.. not a drop. 1. That means i'm able and ready to go the next night... 2. That means I've got a pretty good idea what happened the night before.. which basically means I know if it was a good night or not. Not as the drunks who haven't a clue. It's only now that I'm married that I haven't been out all that much... but everytime I've been out... it's been crap. Kinda off-putting I must say!!

No clue whatsoever. Thursday Friday and Saturday? We're not talking fucking Colours here.

No clue whatsoever. Thursday Friday and Saturday? We're not talking fucking Colours here.

I'm not talking Colours either... I've never actually been there. But yeah, i used to go out just as much as I said I did. I know far more about the dance scene than you might like to accept.

Wouldn't you accept the fact that 'club attendance' is declining??.... and yet you have no clue why. I'm giving you some of the reasons, but you look at me as if I'm the one that's stupid. If I had the money, I'd set up my own club and show you what it's all about. It's always been a dream of mine.

It's all about the music... not the alcohol. :P

PS. I'm not the only one in this thread who has stated that they are dissatisfied with the scene on the island.

Well for what little you have, support it. The better supported things are then the more likely it will be of other nights emerging.

I know for this event the teams working with us are 2 different brands (and our own), promoters are good to help each other out and develop things but it doesn't help that things are dismissed even before they happen.

For this kind of thing I'm happy. I'd gladly welcome more top Dj's coming over... but we just don't get enough. Unfortunately when we are left to ourselves... that's my complaint. I'd be very happy if we had more of these events sundissential! Thanx for the event anyhow.

Hope if it's a success... you'll come back for more.

Cheers.

I'm not talking Colours either... I've never actually been there. But yeah, i used to go out just as much as I said I did. I know far more about the dance scene than you might like to accept.

Wouldn't you accept the fact that 'club attendance' is declining??.... and yet you have no clue why. I'm giving you some of the reasons, but you look at me as if I'm the one that's stupid. If I had the money, I'd set up my own club and show you what it's all about. It's always been a dream of mine.

PS. I'm not the only one in this thread who has stated that they are dissatisfied with the scene on the island.

- club attendance where exactly? id like to see you set up your own 'state of the art club' over here, have 'superstar djs week in week out'... you'd fall flat on your face, and thats a fact.

For this kind of thing I'm happy. I'd gladly welcome more top Dj's coming over... but we just don't get enough. Unfortunately when we are left to ourselves... that's my complaint. I'd be very happy if we had more of these events sundissential! Thanx for the event anyhow.

Hope if it's a success... you'll come back for more.

Cheers.

'TOP DJs' over here arent worth it dude... once in a long while maybe, but not all the time... the Manx scene isnt about top DJs, top nights and 'good' music... thats the reason why its so very difficult to establish anything over here

Fair enough, i'm completely disatisfied with it too, have been for years. But to support the local nights is where it all has to start, why would someone chance bringing a name over when people don't even support what little there is?

Mo, what type of music are Hoxton Whores, Dopamine and Konflict ??

Hey The Kitty, I went to a private party the other week too, what a stormer, brilliant night had by all, not a top name DJ in sight, just a load of friends in a room dancing....isnt that what makes it great? :)

A nightclub with no alcohol and big name DJs forcing the entrance price through the roof? Church has really fucked your head up, love.

:D

Church has enlightened me.... a new perspective! :rolleyes: But seriously... alcohol has destroyed the better of the club scene. People get drunk 'assuming' that that's the only way to enjoy themselves. From being sober everytime I've been clubbin, I know that's simply wrong. I've convinced many friends in the past to try it too... and yeah, it worked for them aswell. Clubs would be a much better experience without the alcohol.

I'd use the big name dj's as bribery!! :P

Archived