Russian Spies

Chinahand

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So why get rid of them now then?

Because there's f-all else they can do?

At one time tit-for-tat diplomatic expulsions were all the rage so it's quite nostalgic to see them making something of a comeback. 

Personally I would like Russian assets in the UK frozen but first they have to work out how many UK assets there are in Russia. Tricky.

7 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So it's just a token theatrical gesture then. Akin to being savaged by a dead scarecrow. 

I believe the expression is "Like being savaged by a dead sheep" because I've never seen a scarecrow wearing the most appallingly vulgar costume jewellery imaginable!

Denis Healey?

40 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Farage has been a Russia Today regular for years. Presumably he is also one of Putin's useful idiots.

It must be getting confusing for the populists trying to remember which side of any talking point they are on.  Especially with Corbyn for support.

Just now, pongo said:

It must be getting confusing for the populists trying to remember which side of any talking point they are on.  Especially with Corbyn for support.

Though perhaps no more difficult that supporting whatever British fascism is calling itself this week whilst simultaneously posing as pro Israel.

3 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Rt is no different to the state sponsored bbc. One balances out the other.

No.

In exactly the same way as the Soviet era Radio Moscow and the BBC were not equivalent but opposite. Or Lord Haw Haw, for that matter.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Because there's f-all else they can do?

At one time tit-for-tat diplomatic expulsions were all the rage so it's quite nostalgic to see them making something of a comeback. 

Personally I would like Russian assets in the UK frozen but first they have to work out how many UK assets there are in Russia. Tricky.

And is much of the UK's gas supplied by Gazprom...?

Archived