Russian Spies

Chinahand

23 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

It's quite bizarre that corbyn still ends up copping the flak over this. 

He isn't really. It's really becoming concerning how every time there's coverage of him, there's a howl of protest that he's being maligned. Look at that pathetic uproar over his hat on Newsnight. 

Yes the Tory press are against him but always against Labour leaders. They're giving him a relatively soft ride compared to Kinnock and Milliband. But the BBC? One of their  reporters asks him a fairly tough question and my facebook feed fills up with conspiracy theories and accusations of bias. 

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

You mean the ones that have thus far provided no evidence and lied about having said evidence, yet have started a course of action that is now spreading to several other nations?  A course of action that could have serious repercussions.

have you got any evidence to back that up.......

1 hour ago, Declan said:

He isn't really. It's really becoming concerning how every time there's coverage of him, there's a howl of protest that he's being maligned. Look at that pathetic uproar over his hat on Newsnight. 

Yes the Tory press are against him but always against Labour leaders. They're giving him a relatively soft ride compared to Kinnock and Milliband. But the BBC? One of their  reporters asks him a fairly tough question and my facebook feed fills up with conspiracy theories and accusations of bias. 

you want to see twitter, its full of them....

41 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So do you think the flak he is copping over the russian thing is fair and justified?

yes, when it comes to foreign policy, its his duty to support the government.....

he was briefed before any statement was made and raised no concerns.....

#redperil    

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

So do you think the flak he is copping over the russian thing is fair and justified?

13 minutes ago, woody2 said:

yes, when it comes to foreign policy, its his duty to support the government.....

Don't be deliberately silly. You might disagree with his opinion - that's fine. But it's his *duty* only to say what he believes to be right. And he's the opposition.

(I'm fairly certain that "duty" is often a bollocks concept anyhow)

Declan is right about the whole political victim mentality which Momentum and co currently demonstrate. But Trump's people,  UKIP etc are just as sensitive and prickly. They're all convinced that the media is some sort of conspiracy and out to get them.

31 minutes ago, pongo said:

Declan is right about the whole political victim mentality which Momentum and co currently demonstrate. But Trump's people,  UKIP etc are just as sensitive and prickly. They're all convinced that the media is some sort of conspiracy and out to get them.

I suppose so, but I'm not a member of UKIP or the Republican Party and nor are any of my friends. Labour should be better than them. 

5 minutes ago, Declan said:

I suppose so, but I'm not a member of UKIP or the Republican Party and nor are any of my friends. Labour should be better than them. 

I agree. I think it's that the "media hates us" thing has become how people do politics now. Right whingers moaning about the BBC. Left whingers moaning about the BBC.

One of the things I liked about New Labour was that they learned how to better get a message across - instead of moaning about being poorly portrayed by the media. Then they had to get their message in The Sun. But today we live in a horrible world of Twitter and hashtags. Labour should probably hire someone who can communicate in the style of Woody and Twinkle. Because that's about where things are now. It's a very depressing outlook. And things are going to get a lot more stupid yet. Soon it will just be grunts and smileys.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Don't be deliberately silly. You might disagree with his opinion - that's fine. But it's his *duty* only to say what he believes to be right. And he's the opposition.

(I'm fairly certain that "duty" is often a bollocks concept anyhow)

nope- foreign policy and national security its his duty to support the government, it has nothing to do with been in opposition..... 

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

But it has made us look like fools with our reactionary knee jerking and lying.

In the whiter than white world of politics, do you think anybody gives a hoot. Feel free to list the number of countries that don't lie to suit themselves..

Archived