Russian Spies

Chinahand

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr. Sausages said:

What a bunch of bastards!

Just strange they've never been so staunch before. Had to laugh at the EU solidarity thing: "An attack on one of us is an attack on all." Er. I don't think so. Not the EU. Do you think they would all go running to the aid of their member Baltic states if Putin walked in there? Not likely. You wouldn't see their arses for dust. It would be left to the US and NATO command to do anything and, frankly, even that scenario seems to be stretching credulity.

50 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Like the Russians need evidence. I've always mistrusted the fuckers.

I mistrust all of the fuckers on all sides. I don't swallow any of the crap that is doing the rounds. There are so many possible agendas to account for this, but one of the thinnest of all seems to be the Russian one. I don't see what they can gain by it right now. Could be anyone. They are all capable of it and nobody is beyond reproach.

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

I mistrust all of the fuckers on all sides. I don't swallow any of the crap that is doing the rounds. There are so many possible agendas to account for this, but one of the thinnest of all seems to be the Russian one. I don't see what they can gain by it right now. Could be anyone. They are all capable of it and nobody is beyond reproach.

One thing I have learned is that governments, including the UK, don't give a damn about any human life unless there are votes or another benefit in it for them. 

Of course, but I would go further than that and suggest that governments themselves are not in control of these shady activities and nobody can know for sure what has happened other than those who did it. Put yourself in Skripal's position. Would you trust anyone? I wouldn't have thought so, but I suppose that it is poetic justice on some level for a traitor.

Extraordinary and depressing reading those on this thread who are in any doubt that Russia is either directly or indirectly responsible for this.  Or trying to suggest some sort of equivalence between the UK and Russia. And not only the usual conspiracy nutters but also now apparently joined by people who normally seem quite sensible. Post Brexit anti-everything conspiracy nonsense politics is a depressing landscape. The internet has created a nasty sort of scepticism - it's as if scepticism is now mainstream. Utterly depressing.

Putin is a gangster. Russia is a gangster state. I would suggest that anyone supporting Russia over this, or expressing any sort of ambivalence, should go and stay there for a while. It's a very frightening place.

Archived